Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dead Space - Glitchier than Jehuty's Sister? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So, I've started playing Dead Space. Fantastic game it would seem, but on average I'm racking up a 360 freeze once every 13.33 (that recurring, of course) minutes. Now I have several ideas:

i) I ain't hooked up to live, so I'm playing completely off the disc. Was the game known to be practically unplayable, and they released a patch soon after release?

ii) My 360 is facing an inevitable death. I've seen no red rings so that's a good thing I guess. However, one of the three times it's crashed I was actually scrolling through the achievements, suggesting it might not be a game thing

iii) I haven't played my 360 in a while (summer drought :dunno:) so could it just be "warming up"? Severely doubt it but, ya know...

I haven't tried playing another game. I shall do that at the next available opportunity and report back.

Thank youuuuu TSR people :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    Dead Space doesn't glitch that much....sounds like your Xbox is just on the fritz. Unlucky

ReputationRep:
    Sounds as though it's a problem with the game disc itself, have you examined it for scratches et al????

ReputationRep:
    Think its the disc or your xbox. I haven't had any issues with it, and for the first half hour so I played it I wasn't connected to Live (was at Uni and hadn't connected my 360 up to the internet until after I had played a bit of the game lol).

ReputationRep:
    It's not crashed once on me :confused:

ReputationRep:
    My PS3 version of Dead Space works perfectly. No freezes, nothing amiss.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have any problems with Dead Space when I was playing it.

I had a couple of fall through lift or unpickupable item problems but those are level making mistakes rather than bugs.

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE: I have three flashing red rings. FANTASTIC.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have any problems with it And from your above post it's clearly your xbox :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    UPDATE: I have three flashing red rings. FANTASTIC.
    Awww

Go flirt with musey, that should help ease the pain :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Another update: This is the first ever time a console has died on me. My release-day SNES works perfectly still. ******* ANNOYED. What's to stop it happening again when they send it back?

I didn't realised the red rings flashed. Supposed I learnt something from this experience :p:

ReputationRep:
    Another update: This is the first ever time a console has died on me. My release-day SNES works perfectly still. ******* ANNOYED. What's to stop it happening again when they send it back?

I didn't realised the red rings flashed. Supposed I learnt something from this experience :p:
    So your console was on the fritz?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    So your console was on the fritz?!
    Alas yes

The most technologically advanced (functioning) console I have in the flat is my N64 :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    What's to stop it happening again when they send it back?:
    When they repair them, they replace the motherboard with a newer one which is a lot more reliable.

ReputationRep:
    My Xbox has been going strong for a year. I really hope it doesn't die. I still have a fully functional NES which is around 20 years old.

ReputationRep:
    I approve of this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    I approve of this thread
    I approve of your sister

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.