Turn on thread page Beta

My Hamster Needs Disposing of watch

Announcements

Hey my hamster has just died but I need to get rid of it. Does it go in the regular rubbish bin or the organic waste? I don't want my rubbish to be left at my house!

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Bury it in the garden

ReputationRep:
    Recycle

I don't think you can put dead animals in any sort of refuse collection, but check with your council if you think they will take it. Personally my hamsters had burials in the river behind my house.

ReputationRep:
    Not a good send off 'thowing it in the bin'

It needs to be buried in the garden or something like we did with ours when i was 5 year old.

OR you could give it a proper funeral and play that old Heavy death metal track he used to love when running around in that ball.

ReputationRep:
    Awwww bury it! Don't just chuck it in the bin, that's awful!

ReputationRep:
    Dig a grave.

(Original post by parpirate)
    I don't think you can put dead animals in any sort of refuse collection, but check with your council if you think they will take it. Personally my hamsters had burials in the river behind my house.
    I live in a flat. I could throw it into the woods actually, it would bio-degrade.

ReputationRep:
    Don't put it in the bin!

Bury it in the garden in a box (so dogs etc don't dig it up), or contact your vets tomorrow and they can organised for it to be cremated.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see any reason it couldn't go in your regular household waste - you can throw away chicken, leftover meat in that which will degrade, what's the difference?

ReputationRep:
    lol! You're pretty heartless, aren't you.

I'd bury it in the woods rather than just chuck it.

ReputationRep:
    I put Button in the bin. Poor, stupid bloody hamster...

(Original post by amii_G)
    lol! You're pretty heartless, aren't you.
    Well if I bury it then a dog will just dig it up and eat.

ReputationRep:
    :troll:

ReputationRep:
    bury it in a box at a decent depth and then the poor thing wont be dug up

ReputationRep:
    if you live in a flat then just chuck it in a field/foresty area somewhere. it'll biodegrade or get eaten.

we buried my hamster in the back garden when i was younger. we obvs hadn't made the grave deep enough because the next day he had been dug up and eaten by a fox

bless my brother though, he thought God had taken "gingerbread" to heaven!

ReputationRep:
    Put it in the bin.

ReputationRep:
    Get a little model boat and place it in it wrapped up in a white hankey and let it go down the river :]

or just bbq it for lunch tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    viking funeral. failing to have a sea near you, slingshot.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.