Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Hamster Needs Disposing of Watch

ReputationRep:
    whatever you do do not freeze it!!!
    *shudders and thinks of the dead cat in her aunts freezer*

ReputationRep:
    Do what I did with my goldfish... Worked pretty well... You may have to flush several times though for a hamster..

ReputationRep:
    You don't sound very sad about it dying..?

ReputationRep:
    Put it back in its cage and wait for a parent/partner to "discover" the body - appear distraught and tell them (tearfully) to dispose of it for you.

Ta-daa! Problem solved :yep:

ReputationRep:
    put it in a shoe box and keep it under your bed, then you can pet it whenever you want just like it was still alive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J17)
    Recycle
    LOL.

That's cruel sir.

OP, bury it.

In my garden there are 9 fish, 2 cats, 3 hamsters, a gerbil, 1 fledgling, 1 hedgehog and a pigeon.

Don't look at me like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelonFace)
    LOL.

That's cruel sir.

OP, bury it.

In my garden there are 9 fish, 2 cats, 3 hamsters, a gerbil, 1 fledgling, 1 hedgehog and a pigeon.

Don't look at me like that!
    Me? - Cruel?
    Spoken from the mouth of the pet killer!!!

:eviltongue:

ReputationRep:
    Hamster funeral

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J17)
    Me? - Cruel?
    Spoken from the mouth of the pet killer!!!

:eviltongue:
    i didnt say they were dead! ha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelonFace)
    i didnt say they were dead! ha!
    True true!

That would be some garden pet fight, my money is on the gerbil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J17)
    True true!

That would be some garden pet fight, my money is on the gerbil

O no, the gerbils actually dead. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I love how heartless you are :laugh: Bury it somewhere!

ReputationRep:
    Take a plastic carrier... put some fresh bedding in lay in the hamster... put his old bedding on top of him, tie the bag, place bag in the bin... say a few words if you wish...

That's honestly what I would do and have done.

ReputationRep:
    Shave it and fry lightly with garlic.

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha this thread is hilarious! With our hamster, we just buried it in the back garden. I suppose it probably depends how much you care about your hamster. If it's a lot, bury deep in the ground it somewhere decent with a little ceremony. Otherwise, if you really don't care much just chuck it in the bin or compost heap, I'm sure the wild animals would love the extra meal.

ReputationRep:
    I buried my hamsters but it was really all my sentimental mum's idea. She stuck them in a box of hay with things like nuts and food inside. I did think she was going a bit insane then.

ReputationRep:
    Awwwww!
    We buried Binky in my grandad's garden. :redface: oh yes, Binky. (I was 10 or 11 or something, leave me alone!)
    I then asked my grandad to make a grave, and was rather elated when he made a lovely wooden little cross.
    He then ruined my elation and wrote on the grave in chalk "R.I.P. you little ****"
    my grandad was never a fan of pets bless him, lmao

Edit: I meant to say, my point is, bury it in a shoe box. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey my hamster has just died but I need to get rid of it. Does it go in the regular rubbish bin or the organic waste? I don't want my rubbish to be left at my house!

Thanks.
    Hold a mini funeral. Have some respect.

ReputationRep:
    Why anon unless you're a troll?

ReputationRep:
    What an idiot! Bury it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.