Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do any of you bury your pets in your garden? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Never had a pet before, would love a dog though , but when your pet died (of considerable size eg a dog or a cat) did you bury it in your back garden?

Can't help but think how weird it would be in the future when someone else moves in and wants to say put a pond where you buried your dog and dig up it's remains :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    We buried our dog in our garden and made a little tombstone out of a brick, when we moved we took the "tombstone" with us.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah man, the goldfish i got from a fair :sad:

I was like, 7.

:bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    Never had a pet before, would love a dog though , but when your pet died (of considerable size eg a dog or a cat) did you bury it in your back garden?

Can't help but think how weird it would be in the future when someone else moves in and wants to say put a pond where you buried your dog and dig up it's remains :afraid:
    My nan and granddad have about 30 pets including dogs buried. It's like a pet cemetary

ReputationRep:
    My guinea pig's buried in the garden, I think it'd be weird if she ever got dug up my someone trying to plant flowers or whatever in the future. My nana's got about 4 cats/dogs buried in the garden though I think some of them are just ashes.

ReputationRep:
    in my garden we buried my hamster and my chincilla. and if any of my animals die they will be buried in the garden too

ReputationRep:
    Only hamsters, rats, gerbils and birds are burried in our garden. None of our dogs (thankfully) have died yet.

For the very reason you mentioned, I dont want my dogs buried in our garden, cremation for my dogs.

Yup - back garden has remains of various labrador dogs, cats, a couple of goldfish, hamsters that never really stood a chance, and the half eaten remains of lots of birds that were hunted by the aforesaid cats.... that said, it is a fairly large garden and the roses are blooming marvellous.

ReputationRep:
    Wow we have soo many pets buried in our garden that there are several "graveyards" and so I think it would be quite easy to forget where all the varius cats, hamsters, gerbils, chickens, guinea pigs, fish etc are buried
    Ahh!! Oh no!! I just remembered!! My two beloved fish died yesterday morning and I moved the bowl to the bathroom and only just remembered that it is STILL THERE with two decaying fish floating in it ... Any ideas of moving them from bowl to toilet with minimum distress!? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    At our old house, we buried a cat in the garden (and I think a hamster too). At our current house, our dog was put down just over a year ago. She has been buried at the end of the garden, now with a flower bed on top of her grave.

No, we give ours Viking funerals instead.

ReputationRep:
    My back garden has the ashes of my uncle

ReputationRep:
    No, I'd never do that ... I'd be too worried that they'd go all go zombie-fied ...

ReputationRep:
    i buried my goldfish in my back garden when i was 5, and made a gravestone out of card.... i was living in South Africa at the time and named it in afrikaans for 'elephant' because i liked the sound of it

ReputationRep:
    All of my pets are buried in my garden, a pleasant surprise for any future occupants

ReputationRep:
    My dad said that he buried my rabbits/guinea pigs in the garden, but I don't believe him...

ReputationRep:
    My hamster is buried at the bottom of the garden. I have no idea what happened to my rabbit when it died though, it didn't get buried! And we flushed the fish down the toilet :|

ReputationRep:
    we have a dog (she was the best dog ever :'-( still miss her) two rabbits and a crab in our back garden, but we have a big back garden and its very unlikely they will ever get dug up again.

ReputationRep:
    I have a tiny back garden, so only the hamster have been buried in there... I know my three have, but not sure about my brother's... there could be like 7 hamsters down there having a zombie teaparty.

First dog was cremated, same would probably happen to the other two -shrug-

ReputationRep:
    Yep. I have buried a guinea pig, my goldfish that i had for 10 years, and check this one out: a spider that lived in our lounge (not exactly a pet but oh well).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.