Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do any of you bury your pets in your garden? watch

ReputationRep:
    i have at least one hamster in the back garden, and a budgie, or two. i'm not sure what happened to our dog, i think the vets kept him. i know my last few hamsters, my parents threw them in the bin!

ReputationRep:
    I have had several pets and they have all been buried in my back garden.
    I hate to think that one day someones going to maybe dig them up and just toss the remains away.
    I just lost my rabbit recently and hated the fact that burying him in the garden means I could never take him with me now when I leave home into the garden of my 1st house.
    Its going to feel like I am just abandoning them.
    At the same time he loved running around in that garden so I guess thats where he should be buried
    Its hard :sad:

ReputationRep:
    only when they're dead.

ReputationRep:
    when we went to do our garden after moving in we realised there was a small pet cemetary at the bottom of the garden - engraved tombstones and everything. Unfortunately, we had the whole garden dug up to level it out and that was included.

We buried our dogs up in the woods, unfortunately one of them got dug up though as we didn't bury it deep enough. Anything smaller gets buried in our garden.

ReputationRep:
    oh, i just remembered! there was an advert in this months bizarre for a lady that will turn your dead pets into jewellery.

ReputationRep:
    I've had my dogs and cats cremated. There are ust boxes of my old pets in my living room lol my mum is pet mad. I buried my goldfish though in the garden lol

ReputationRep:
    We have a small pet cemetary in our garden. One rabbit, one hamster, and several fish. I made my dad bury them there, instead of flushing them. The fish of course, not the rabbit.

ReputationRep:
    We have a dog and four chickens buried in the back garden, and three dogs, a hamster and two gerbils at my grandparents. They're all buried down quite deep though, so they won't get unearthed in the normal run of things.

ReputationRep:
    we have an unofficial 'cat cemetary' at the end of our garden (we live on a busy road) and have sadly lost about a few cats to traffic. Our hamster is also buried there. However, we still have our remaining cat (very streetwise - been crossing traffic safely for over 13 years now) and our dog and horse

ReputationRep:
    Yep.

Old house we buried 2 cats.
    New house we have buried so far 4 hamsters, 2 rabbits and 2 guinea pigs.

And we've still got two rabbits living
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    when i was living with my parents we had about a dozen rabbits buried until a holly tree in the garden. they even had a stone with a rabbit carved into it as a monument!

now i live with my partner and all of our rats are buried in the garden but i couldn't face burying the cat.

we put lots of rocks and a plant on top of the rats' grave to stop the cats digging them up again but then my partner forgot and moved everything to plant some shrubs. he saw what he thought was a root and reached in to pull it out. then there was a lot of screaming... makes me really glad that i didn't bury the cat.

ReputationRep:
    I burried my cat under my cherry tree .
    That was a very long time ago though...

ReputationRep:
    I have buried many of my pets. 3 out the back, all of which have gravestones, 2 out the front, one has a bench and the other a small rock monument. And im sure my fish have been buried somewhere out the back.

ReputationRep:
    All my pets other than our dog are buried in our garden. The dog was cremated and the ashes are kept in wooden box.

ReputationRep:
    we have 5 dogs, 3 horses and some cats buried in our orchard

ReputationRep:
    When my rat died a couple of months ago, after the post-mortem, my parents and I buried her in the garden near the house, and I planted a small flowering shrub on top, my mum arranged some stones in a circle around it. It was a very tearful moment

ReputationRep:
    We buried 2 cats in the garden at our old house (hope no one's dug them up!) and another cat, dog, rabbit and 2 guinea pigs at my gran's house which is like a pet graveyard. Not sure what we'll do with the horse when the time comes though.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't buried any of my pets in the garden. My granny's dog and cat are buried there though for some reason. The dog died when we were on holiday and granny phoned to ask if she could bury the dog in our garden, dad didn't want to say no and to be honest I think she would have done it no matter what he said.

ReputationRep:
    We've put all the cats in the garden, and I bury my fish when they die. Not sure what happened to to dog, though. I think he was cremated. I've not asked because I might not like the answer.

ReputationRep:
    We don't bury them in our garden 'cause we were worried about our other pets digging them up
    We bury them in the woods behind my nan's house. We put a little cross over the grave too.
    Its a year today that my cat Boo was ran over R.I.P

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.