Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Getting excited now because it's becoming so close. :woo:

Starting to buy things for moving in as well, using the list on here. Didnt realise cookery stuff was so expensive, even for the rubbish stuff

Got a letter from my college confirming my grades as well. I took a BTec so I knew my grades before I left but like to make sure

Hope I'm not the only one like this

ReputationRep:
    I've bought stuff, too. You're not alone. (:

ReputationRep:
    Yep, not long to go. I'm just hoping I get the grades!! Can't quite believe how quickly 2009 is going, it'll soon be Christmas again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ButteredCrumpet)
    Yep, not long to go. I'm just hoping I get the grades!! Can't quite believe how quickly 2009 is going, it'll soon be Christmas again.
    God, don't say that! I love Christmas, but the thought of it is just scary as by that time uni will be in full swing.

ReputationRep:
    Im off to Winchester and it starts on 21st of Sept!

I look on the website daily, joined all the facebook groups and have even applied for a membership card at the local club!

What sort of stuff are you buying to bring there? Cause my mum works for a cookware company so i get it all free but i was wondering what you mean?

ReputationRep:
    Cookware such as pots, pans and utensils.

I got a frying pan for about £4 and a sauce pan for £3. Not bad but all the other things are £2-3 upwards. £3 for a simple thing like a masher!

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna get a george foreman grill as well as i love my grilled chicken and dont like things with a lot of fat in :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robb365)
    Im off to Winchester and it starts on 21st of Sept!

I look on the website daily, joined all the facebook groups and have even applied for a membership card at the local club!

What sort of stuff are you buying to bring there? Cause my mum works for a cookware company so i get it all free but i was wondering what you mean?
    Hi,

What course are you doing at Winchester? I thought moving day was the 22nd...so now i'm having a bit of a :eek: :woo: moment. Might be time to consult the induction pack for me....

ReputationRep:
    This is a page from Brunel's website saying that move in day is 20th September

http://www.brunel.ac.uk/life/accommodation/dates

Im off to Southend to do some shopping tomorrow to get some bits

ReputationRep:
    what is the deadline for the £250 deposit

ReputationRep:
    we are all excited mateeey! wooop!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dougy161)
    Getting excited now because it's becoming so close. :woo:

Starting to buy things for moving in as well, using the list on here. Didnt realise cookery stuff was so expensive, even for the rubbish stuff

Got a letter from my college confirming my grades as well. I took a BTec so I knew my grades before I left but like to make sure

Hope I'm not the only one like this
    Im not going uni till sept 2010, and im already excited!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Ikea is the place. Total kitting out in one easy session!

ReputationRep:
    eee, lots of excited freshers ^^ *remembers when she moved in*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iced_dragon_agility)
    eee, lots of excited freshers ^^ *remembers when she moved in*
    Would any current students be able to give some advice? Something like the process of "signing on"...what generally happens...best time to arrive...things like tht

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Would any current students be able to give some advice? Something like the process of "signing on"...what generally happens...best time to arrive...things like tht

thanks

Sure ^^

I think it's best to get there early to avoid queing for your keys and paperwork, and for parking. Plus most other students will arrive quite early as well so you'd get to meet them from the start etc. maybe even help them with their stuff

On the day you'll be greeted by current uni students known as 'Contacts' who will help you to move in your stuff and make you feel welcome (I was one last year, fun!)

The tickets for Freshers Week events will go on sale soon from the Brunel Students website, so will be worth checking that out frequently, and if you don't get any, moving in day will be the last chance to get some, so if you get to uni early and unpack, you'll be able to get to the front of the usual massive queue!

Hope this helps, I'm better with more specific questions tbh

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot...Im the type of person to get there early anyway.
    How much were freshers tickets last year?
    Easy to park on the day?
    Bring anything special for Brunel that might not be on the list given on here?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot...Im the type of person to get there early anyway.
    How much were freshers tickets last year?
    Easy to park on the day?
    Bring anything special for Brunel that might not be on the list given on here?

Tickets are anything from £4 to £10, depends on what events etc. They'll have different club nights, a few comedians/hypotists and other odd things.

If you get there early, then yeah, lots of parking! Depends on what halls you get though as to which carpark is closest.

Errrrrm, ethernet cable!! else no internet in halls as they aren't wireless. Everyone forgets that lol. A tv aerial wire as well. Chocolate is always good!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherries_d)
    Hi,

What course are you doing at Winchester? I thought moving day was the 22nd...so now i'm having a bit of a :eek: :woo: moment. Might be time to consult the induction pack for me....
    Sorry, i was away for a couple of days!!

Ermm i swear its the 21st? am i wrong?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 25, 2009
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.