Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im 18 and female, and need to start thinking about buying clothes for uni. I live in boyfriend jeans, tshirts, trainers and fleeces because i feel comfortable, my family constantly ask me to wear skinny jeans etc, but tbh i only like dressing up like that for nights out. I thought about trying some new stuff and i have a little bit, but i realised that i should go to uni as myself and not what my family think i should be like.

So iv started the shopping...but..i usually favour G-star or gio goi tshirts, firetrap jeans, gstar hoodies (when they actually release decent zipped ones, i hate none zipped) but my usual places (USC and republic) iv got all the stuff i like and they dont seem to be bringing anything new out lately :/ was wondering if anyone knew any other online places to get good stuff from or maybe some other brands to try out, i noticed ASOS started stocking gstar but their collection is very limited

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't new stock come in to stores in the next few weeks? Which is why there are loads of summer sales on just now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smellslikemarmite)
    Doesn't new stock come in to stores in the next few weeks? Which is why there are loads of summer sales on just now?
    yeah im hoping so, but USC used to have a massive range of stuff and changed like every week, i noticed that since their money problems and the administration issues they have hardly had much new in

ReputationRep:
    I think they sell some G-Star things at House of Fraser.

ReputationRep:
    Yuck, are you a she-male or what? Or some sort of filthy lez?

ReputationRep:
    TK Maxx have some great stuff, I'd suggest having a look around there. and Next, maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubba Me Up)
    Yuck, are you a she-male or what? Or some sort of filthy lez?
    :laugh: :clap2:

ReputationRep:
    but on a serious note.. i agree with u, u shouldnt change ur appearance bcoz of wt ur parents say. but maybe trying more girly clothes will make u dress ur age!? - if that makes sense? yer every1 has their tracky days.. but fleeces!!? - i havent owned 1 of them since i was 5!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaross)
    :laugh: :clap2:
    It's ******* ridiculous, I know. I mean, why the heck would the OP only wear hoodies and baggy jeans, the bloooody emo biatch.

ReputationRep:
    Ralph Lauren everything...that is the way forward

ReputationRep:
    It's ******* ridiculous, I know. I mean, why the heck would the OP only wear hoodies and baggy jeans, the bloooody emo biatch.
    maybe she doesnt want to look attractive!!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King4eva)
    Ralph Lauren everything...that is the way forward
    Ralph Lauren? And you're black? Ahahahahaha

Talk about the back of the truck! :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    maybe she doesnt want to look attractive!!?
    She probably looks so ugly, she's beyond help. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Ralph Lauren? And you're black? Ahahahahaha

Talk about the back of the truck! :hahaha:
    u actuallly deserve 2 b reported for that!

ReputationRep:
    Whilst your favoured gear might not sound that flattering, everyone likes different things. Try going into shops your normally wouldn't - chances are you'll be pleasantly surprised.

ReputationRep:
    I've found the whole of my first year at university a bit of a constant fashion show, but then again I do go to Nottingham which has a ratio of 1:5, boys:girls and is one of the best shopping places in the UK so it is kind of to be expected! I've liked it though. Sometimes people may be a bit shallow and judge you purely on your clothes OP, because it is the first thing they see. I'm sure I've done it myself subconsciously even if I have tried to not be so shallow. If you want to fit in and make lots of friends perhaps just tweek it a bit, some more girly things and some things/items that are in fashion etc

ReputationRep:
    i think i might have wrote things slightly wrong, i dont appear as a boy or an emo... my clothes arent baggy and mannish and they are womens, i have tight fitting tshirts etc and i mean fleeces as in like Hollister and A&F jackets. Being attractive is a matter of opinion, but i have a boyfriend who says he loves me for me and he even goes out on his own and buys me stuff. I dont see the problem with boyfriend jeans, especially when it was only a few seasons ago that all the celebrities were wearing them

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, see the it sounded like it was all pretty loose-fitting stuff. Why not try the brands' websites?

ReputationRep:
    u actuallly deserve 2 b reported for that!
    STFU, you noob

ReputationRep:
    STFU, you noob
    wtf! lol i wasnt even the 1 that reported him!

boyfit jeans r nice. iv noticed that 1 of the best ways to make an outfit more interesting.. if u get wt i mean.. just accessorise! - if thats how u spell it!? bangles.. belts.. necklaces.. beads! .. iv recently started 2 realise that small things make a big difference!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.