Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

shooting star - (happy hardcore) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got that new Beethoven concerto

Love that sh ii t

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    I don't think I did. :hmmmm2:
    Oh right. So you actually believe opinion doesn't matter when it comes to what music you think is best?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I did. :hmmmm2:
    music is very subjective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reflexive)
    Oh right. So you actually believe opinion doesn't matter when it comes to what music you think is best?
    Why should I include your opinion in my opinion then? You had your post, so what's the problem?

(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    music is very subjective
    No ****, that's why I stated my opinion...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Why should I include your opinion in my opinion then? You had your post, so what's the problem?

oh dear you're entirely missing the point :rolleyes:

you stated that there are "much better songs on the scene" - and the way you stated it sounds as though it's a fact. It's not though, it's personal opinion, YOUR personal opinion.

Hence Reflexive pointed out that you should have included the words "in my opinion" at the end of your post - which is a valid point because, as I've just said, music is subjective.

You can't just state that there are better songs on the scene as a statement of fact, because it's not, but you didn't acknowledge that.

Reflexive wasn't saying that you should include HIS opinion.

ReputationRep:

When I get to this level of discussion with someone over the net, I'm always reminded of this pic and stop

ReputationRep:
    oh dear you're entirely missing the point :rolleyes:

you stated that there are "much better songs on the scene" - and the way you stated it sounds as though it's a fact. It's not though, it's personal opinion, YOUR personal opinion.

Hence Reflexive pointed out that you should have included the words "in my opinion" at the end of your post - which is a valid point because, as I've just said, music is subjective.

You can't just state that there are better songs on the scene as a statement of fact, because it's not, but you didn't acknowledge that.

Reflexive wasn't saying that you should include HIS opinion.
    I'm not; it's pretty obvious that it's an opinion. For example:

(Original post by butchered_wyer)
    Fair play, happy hardcore - children of the night is an awesome song
    Awesome tune
    (Original post by butchered_wyer)
    Celtic woman Thunder are the best :yes:
    And these all say, 'in my opinion,' don't they? Why are you getting so defensive?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm not; it's pretty obvious that it's an opinion. For example:

And these all say, 'in my opinion,' don't they? Why are you getting so defensive?
    I'm not getting defensive - I'm pointing out that you were reading Reflexive's post wrongly, and was correcting you as to what he meant.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not getting defensive - I'm pointing out that you were reading Reflexive's post wrongly, and was correcting you as to what he meant.
    I have already mentioned three posts which all stated something like it was a fact. You do not need to be a master of deduction to see that it is an opinion. You didn not take up anyone else when they stated something without appending the words, 'in my opinion,' on the end. In fact, you sided with one of them.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I have already mentioned three posts which all stated something like it was a fact. You do not need to be a master of deduction to see that it is an opinion. You didn not take up anyone else when they stated something without appending the words, 'in my opinion,' on the end. In fact, you sided with one of them.
    oh my god

reflexive brought something up, you read it wrongly, I corrected you

end of story

:banghead:

ReputationRep:
    oh my god

reflexive brought something up, you read it wrongly, I corrected you

end of story

:banghead:
    I don't need correcting; it was an opinion in the first place. Nobody had to say anything. It was an opinion and a very obvious one at that. I've already mentioned those posts that you didn't bring up. You said:

So well done for spotting an opinion, but I can read English perfectly well thanks.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I can read English perfectly well thanks.
    Clearly not :

I think you forgot to add in my opinion on the end of that.
    Whether or not you think you should have put 'in my opinion' at the end of your post is irrelevant - you obviously read Reflexive's post entirely wrongly, as he states nothing about wanting you to mention his opinion.

This really is completely pointless so I'm not going to try spelling it out to you any more as you just don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly not :

Whether or not you think you should have put 'in my opinion' at the end of your post is irrelevant - you obviously read Reflexive's post entirely wrongly, as he states nothing about wanting you to mention his opinion.

This really is completely pointless so I'm not going to try spelling it out to you any more as you just don't get it.
    1) Google, 'sarcasm'
    2) I don't think you get it; you won't answer the question, as all of a sudden it becomes, 'irrelevant'
    3) By bringing this up you spoiled your own thread. Have a cookie.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It's irrelevant because it has nothing to do with what I was pointing out to you in the first place - I was pointing out that you misread Reflexive's post.

And no, I didn't ruin my thread, the thread was made to see if anybody could help me find the version of shooting star I was after....and that was achieved last night, so it served its purpose already.

I'm not sure why I'm still responding to you actually

ReputationRep:
    It's irrelevant because it has nothing to do with what I was pointing out to you in the first place - I was pointing out that you misread Reflexive's post.

And no, I didn't ruin my thread, the thread was made to see if anybody could help me find the version of shooting star I was after....and that was achieved last night, so it served its purpose already.

I'm not sure why I'm still responding to you actually
    Thanks for quoting me. :rolleyes:

The title has no hint of looking for the song. Therefore, people have commented on it, including you. So yes, you have ruined it.

Stop then.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.