Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello Forum,

I am considering to apply for both programmes this year at Imperial College. Which is the better programme if you would want to become a

a) trader
    b) quant

Is the MSc Finance more respected than the other one? I am under the impression that the MSc RMFE is rather a second choice programme. What percentage of applicants is admitted to the programmes?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there im aiming to be a trader and i got into the MSc Finance course starting this year, that has always been my first choice and RMFE second...its always been that those rejected from Finance will get into the RMFE (existing students told me this), hope that helps...

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations, may I ask you about your backround? How competitive are those two programmes?

ReputationRep:
    first class honours Econs & Accs, no gmat, 1 years placement as analyst, 2 internships....i think MSc finance is v competitive (like LSE) i think 1/11 applications will get an offer, the icbs website will say how many apps they got last year and how many ppl they admit...hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    this fella has his head screwed on!

dont forget to have fun

ReputationRep:
    just work hard and play hard.....thats the way to go

ReputationRep:
    There's no information on the intake on their website.

ReputationRep:
    on the website: 'There are well over 1,000 applications for a class size of about 130 students.'

dont think it gives a specific number (i cant seem to find anything now-I may have got mixed up with LSE's website info) but you can email admissions ppl they may tell you, but its roughly 1/10 - 1/11 applicants thats get an offer. I think LSE gives specific number of applicants thats applied the prev year.

ReputationRep:
    how's MSc Finance in Imperial compared with LSE?

ReputationRep:
    For which programme evo? for both? I have had a closer look at the courses and I think that the MSc Finance and RMFE are essentially the same. There are just slight differences in the core courses and the RMFE has less choice in the electives (you can choose from the same courses but there are less options). I don't see how they could justify the different name of the programme. Why do they call it "Risk Management"?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.