Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How do you do this successfully?

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't play hard to get...it makes us feel so inadequate and unhappy :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Does not bloody work. Don't try it.

ReputationRep:
    The very concept of playing hard to get makes me shudder.
    Dont bother. If you like someone dont beat around the bush about it.

ReputationRep:
    ...is fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shalarmay)
    y do you want to?!!!!

ReputationRep:
    honestly, very little proportion of girls, can do it right, and it depends on the guy too.
    and its both at the same time, its alot of factors that should be met, for "playing hard to get" to work.
    am talking from an experienced point of view

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    honestly, very little proportion of girls, can do it right, and it depends on the guy too.
    and its both at the same time, its alot of factors that should be met, for "playing hard to get" to work.
    am talking from an experienced point of view
    Enlighten me!

ReputationRep:
    dont do it! its irritating.

ReputationRep:
    well its like playing easy-to-get, but less people call you a slut?

ReputationRep:
    Dont.
    It causes too much confusion.

ReputationRep:
    If you do it, you're most likely going to lose the guy/girl your trying to play hard to get with. Avoid.

ReputationRep:
    Playing hard to get is the best if you do it right.

People who don't like it have either done it wrong, or have had it done wrong to them.

dont bother. i usually lose interest if someone is playing hard to get, unless i really like them

ReputationRep:
    Enlighten me!
    msn me if u want, too much hassle to do it over qoute and stuff like that

ReputationRep:
    Only works if ur really hot, and have other redeeming features (intelligent, interesting, etc).
    If ur a common-stock-pig then I wouldn't bother.

But u can do it by dropping compliments, and hints that u may be interested in this guy at some point time.
    Allow occasional physical affection (hugs, etc), but dont initiate it.
    If u feel he hasn't tried enough, and goes in for a kiss, then just turn away. Dont make it awkward tho.
    Repeat over a few weeks.
    Its incredibly frustrating, but might make u a bit more desirable.
    However, if u have a lot of competition on ur hands, then most guys just wouldn't be bothered with the hassle. Maybe if ur doing computer-science at uni, or going to Imperial or something.

ReputationRep:
    Hard to get fails.

ReputationRep:
    This would just make me and all of the guys I know feel like you aren't interested. At this point I'd drop it as if I was pursiuing a girl it's becasue I like her and would much rather that we were friends than nothing.

Other guys that feel you are not interested may act in the same way or decide to move on. Whether they think you are special or not. From experience, if someone doesn't like you there is little you can do about it so not much point in wasting time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.