Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you, overall gotten what you desired with the opposite sex? Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you gotten what you wanted or anything speical with the opposite sex?
    Yes, it can really surprise you how good it can be and who might be interested
    42.50%
    No, pretty much a let down
    57.50%

ReputationRep:
    Gotten a relationship or love that inspired you, someone you didn't think you could have? Gotten what you wanted love wise?
    Or disappointed?

ReputationRep:
    Gotten it, then realised I didnt want it anymore.

Story of my life :P

(When I find a girl I still want after ive gotten her, i'll have to marry!)

ReputationRep:
    It's a cyclical thing, obviously there is going to be disappointments, but overall it's good!

ReputationRep:
    No; but I live in hope. Weirdly as I typed that I realise it's completely true. I guess my poor little broken heart is very nearly mended. : ) 'Scuse me, having a revelation here: I've been heart-broken for nearly a year now. Nearly exactly a year.

Plus, you know. Bisexual, or whatever you want to call it.

ReputationRep:
    Nope seems i always get rejected or put into the just friends zone.

Seems like i am pretty terrible with girls
    Still might change come uni, let's hope anyway

ReputationRep:
    That i'm too independent or i end up with horribly clingy guys i think its a bit of both. Not Good.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't desire the opposite sex cos I'm gay :p:

ReputationRep:
    No. Never.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Gotten it, then realised I didnt want it anymore.

Story of my life :P

(When I find a girl I still want after ive gotten her, i'll have to marry!)
    Ergh pretty much the same with me

Easy enough to get them to want you... then its boring STRAIGHT away.

ReputationRep:
    I've had one lovely amazing relationship, that has sort of tailed off into something a bit weird.

So yes, I have but right now it's a bit weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlinebacon)
    Easy enough to get them to want you... then its boring STRAIGHT away.
    Ahh not always boring, sometimes its just the small faults that you didnt realise originally.

Making myself sound oh so attractive now. Ah well

(Original post by Chillaxer)
    Gotten a relationship or love that inspired you, someone you didn't think you could have? Gotten what you wanted love wise?
    Or disappointed?
    Yes. I am in love and we are planning our future.

*lucky*

ReputationRep:
    Yes. The last guy I was with was (is) amazing.

I love everything about him and my time with him. He made me realise alot about what I really wanted and needed from a relationship and that I should never settle for anything less. It was actually perfect for as long as we were together. I didnt even think it was possible to be that happy. Even thinking back to it makes me feel all warm and content inside.

It just so happened that crappy timing made it pretty impossible for us to be together for any longer than we were, but like I said hes amazing and Id never change a single thing. I guess ill always look back on it as being a time in my life where I was truely happy. It ended before we got to the point of having little rows and things, so the illusion of perfection is maintained
    Ah, I love him.

ReputationRep:
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Ahh not always boring, sometimes its just the small faults that you didnt realise originally.

Making myself sound oh so attractive now. Ah well
    Lmao yeah!

Suddenly you realise how unattractive their facial expressions are or a weird sideburn thing or something like that and its game over

Don't worry, we'll find the perfect girl somewhere

(Eva longoria i'm coming for you )

ReputationRep:
    No, but I'm 18, so I'm not going to go and mope around feeling sorry for myself over my bad experiences quite yet...

ReputationRep:
    Yep. ^^

ReputationRep:
    Nope..literally never unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    In terms of feelings I'm not sure - I thought love would sweep me away a bit more than this. I thought it would be exciting and glamorous and I would get butterflies just thinking about him. I don't. :sad:
    In terms of circumstance though, I've been incredibly lucky. My boyfriend is an amazing person and he's everything I've ever wanted.
    So it's a bit of an odd feeling at the moment, and in answer to the original question my answer would be "I'm not sure".

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.