Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you marry someone with a different religion? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you marry someone with a different religion?
    I am a Christian man and I would marry someone with a different religion
    11.94%
    I am a Christian woman and I would marry someone with a different religion
    17.91%
    I am a Jewish man and I would marry someone with a different religion
    1.49%
    I am a Jewish woman and I would marry someone with a different religion
    0%
    I am a Muslim man and I would marry someone with a different religion
    10.45%
    I am a Muslim woman and I would marry someone with a different religion
    7.46%
    I am a Hindu man and I would marry someone with a different religion
    4.48%
    I am a Hindu woman and I would marry someone with a different religion
    2.99%
    I am a Buddhist man and I would marry someone with a different belief system
    0%
    I am a Buddhist woman and I would marry someone with a different belief system
    1.49%
    I am an agnostic/atheist man and I would marry someone with a different belief system
    23.88%
    I am an agnostic/atheist woman and I would marry someone with a different belief system
    17.91%

ReputationRep:
    Would you marry someone with a different religion?

ReputationRep:
    yes, I am planning to, as long as he proposes first :love:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah as long as they accepted my beliefs as I would theirs.

ReputationRep:
    Sure, as long as none of their specific values contradict mine (e.g. no sex before marriage) and they don't insist that I convert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Surely_unsure)
    Would you marry someone with a different religion?
    Wouldnt the poll be better if there was an option saying 'would not marry outside religion' because right now we are not getting a real comparison.

ReputationRep:
    I voted "I am a Christian man and I would marry someone with a different religion" because love should know no boundaries, especially if it is religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xristina)
    yes, I am planning to, as long as he proposes first :love:
    You mean if someone else proposes first you might accept them instead :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm an atheist and although I would marry somebody who believes in a certain religion, if they are strict about it then I couldn't do it.

ReputationRep:
    imo religion shouldnt matter

ReputationRep:
    Yh, at the end of the day religion is just the beliefs of the person it doesn't define them all that much. I would see no problem with it as long as we weren't pressured to convert to the same religion, as I would respect their morals and way of life and would expect the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttx)
    You mean if someone else proposes first you might accept them instead :p:
    no, I mean if he doesn't propose I won't marry him :P Obviously :P I 'l still stay with him, but no marriage will take place. :P

ReputationRep:
    Depends really.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Err why is there no 'no' option?

And no, I wouldn't. It would be like dating someone who believes in Santa Claus or that the Earth is flat, neither of which are any more/less logical than belief in a god.

ReputationRep:
    im Atheist. I would but my partner would have to accept that I wont be converting. However out of respect I would go to Church with them. I doubt a relationship were one partner is religious and one is not would work well, an old friend had parents like that. They'd argue quite a lot and basically lived together for their kids, not for love, in the end,

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but only if they are not practicing their religion to an EXTREME EXTENT...i mean if they are willing to accept the way i behave and the values that i hold, then i don't see why not

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even go out with someone religious.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a "yes or no" question to me. It's like being asked "Would you, provided you REALLY needed the toilet, piss on somebody if they were on fire?", it depends on the person.

ReputationRep:
    I want my own option. I don't want to be associated with agnostics! WE ARE DIFFERENT!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.