The Student Room Group

Would you marry someone with a different religion?

Poll

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes, I am planning to, as long as he proposes first :love:
Reply 2
Yeah as long as they accepted my beliefs as I would theirs.
Reply 3
Sure, as long as none of their specific values contradict mine (e.g. no sex before marriage) and they don't insist that I convert.
Reply 4
Surely_unsure

Wouldnt the poll be better if there was an option saying 'would not marry outside religion' because right now we are not getting a real comparison.
I voted "I am a Christian man and I would marry someone with a different religion" because love should know no boundaries, especially if it is religion.
Reply 6
Xristina
yes, I am planning to, as long as he proposes first :love:

You mean if someone else proposes first you might accept them instead :p:
Reply 7
I'm an atheist and although I would marry somebody who believes in a certain religion, if they are strict about it then I couldn't do it.
Reply 8
imo religion shouldnt matter
Reply 9
Yh, at the end of the day religion is just the beliefs of the person it doesn't define them all that much. I would see no problem with it as long as we weren't pressured to convert to the same religion, as I would respect their morals and way of life and would expect the same.
ttx
You mean if someone else proposes first you might accept them instead :p:

no, I mean if he doesn't propose I won't marry him :P Obviously :P I 'l still stay with him, but no marriage will take place. :P
Depends really.
Err why is there no 'no' option? :s-smilie:

And no, I wouldn't. It would be like dating someone who believes in Santa Claus or that the Earth is flat, neither of which are any more/less logical than belief in a god.
im Atheist. I would but my partner would have to accept that I wont be converting. However out of respect I would go to Church with them. I doubt a relationship were one partner is religious and one is not would work well, an old friend had parents like that. They'd argue quite a lot and basically lived together for their kids, not for love, in the end,
Reply 14
Yes.
Reply 15
Yes but only if they are not practicing their religion to an EXTREME EXTENT...i mean if they are willing to accept the way i behave and the values that i hold, then i don't see why not
I wouldn't even go out with someone religious.
It's not a "yes or no" question to me. It's like being asked "Would you, provided you REALLY needed the toilet, piss on somebody if they were on fire?", it depends on the person.
I want my own option. I don't want to be associated with agnostics! WE ARE DIFFERENT!!!
Reply 19
Yes.

Latest

Trending

Trending