Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I know these type of threads are annoying but im in need of some advice with my hair.

my hair currently is like the picture in the attachment and im getting a bit bored of it.

I was thinking of something a long the lines of this http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/200...m1_300_400.jpg but not sure if i could pull it off.

Also was wondering if i should perhaps get highlights/lowlights? Since i would quite like a more radical change that just having the same style but shorter.

many thanks

P.s sorry for rubbish pic but is one of the best that is recent and im not great at cropping.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Nah don't go for a Pob (Posh bob). It's been done to death and just looks really severe. Hows abouty trying a long, side fringe? Or to be honest, I think you'd get away with a full-on one.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm yeah, I agree. Maybe get a side fringe cut in. I wouldn't get a full fringe straight away, mine looked awful so you should maybe go for it gradually. Colour seems like a good idea though if you're after a change Ask a hairdresser what would suit you.

ReputationRep:
    nah dont get that, loads od people have that bob now.

ReputationRep:
    this style would look nice, imo.

http://img228.imageshack.us/i/normal12017465fl6al2.jpg/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    this style would look nice, imo.

http://img228.imageshack.us/i/normal12017465fl6al2.jpg/
    I quite like that style but would it be high maintenance? Generally all i tend to do is straighten my hair since its naturally a mess... its kinda wavy but doesnt go into nice waves and tbh im not very good at complicated styling.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Tbh i've been relunctant to go for the Pob because as you've all said, everyones got it and i dont really want to be a sheep however my hairdresser has suggested it to me before. As for fringes... I've had bad experiences especially with full ones but then that was with a rather rubbish hairdresser, side fringe is similar to what i do with my hair already, generally i sweep my bangs over.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's anything wrong with your hair but it just needs a bit of texture so get it thinned out then all you have to do is run the straighteners through it and a bit of finishing ani-frizz and you'll look a million dollars! Something like this http://www.hairfinder.com/celebrityh...-caldwell7.jpg if you add a few highlights it will give it extra texture and would loook fab on you!

ReputationRep:
    I think the Victoria Beckam style is a bit out of fashion though...Keep it short but don't go for the inverted bob...I personally prefer long hair, mines down my back!!...But each to their own..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    I quite like that style but would it be high maintenance? Generally all i tend to do is straighten my hair since its naturally a mess... its kinda wavy but doesnt go into nice waves and tbh im not very good at complicated styling.
    i agree with xxstace123xx, i think the style looks nice and wouldnt be high maintanance as its not very long, if your hair is already wavy then maybe just put some mousse / styling product in it to give it more volume + curls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im_hungry)
    I don't think there's anything wrong with your hair but it just needs a bit of texture so get it thinned out then all you have to do is run the straighteners through it and a bit of finishing ani-frizz and you'll look a million dollars! Something like this http://www.hairfinder.com/celebrityh...-caldwell7.jpg if you add a few highlights it will give it extra texture and would loook fab on you!
    I quite like that actually. what colours should i be look at for my hair?

(Original post by **Miss A*)
    I think the Victoria Beckam style is a bit out of fashion though...Keep it short but don't go for the inverted bob...I personally prefer long hair, mines down my back!!...But each to their own..
    My hair is so thick... although it doesnt look it but it has been thinned out quite a bit so its a nightmare when its long and all i tend to do is tie it up.

(Original post by the_woozle)
    i agree with xxstace123xx, i think the style looks nice and wouldnt be high maintanance as its not very long, if your hair is already wavy then maybe just put some mousse / styling product in it to give it more volume + curls?
    Ive tried the mousse/styling products etc but it doesn't really do much and any curl/wave falls out quite easily since my hair is quite thick.

Thanks for the suggestions guys

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you should go for the Pob Katie because it's been done to death and because personally I don't really like it :p: I think maybe some highlights, take the weight out of it and a side fringe. I also like the suggestions by both Stace123 and The Woozle - I think they'd both suit you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    I quite like that actually. what colours should i be look at for my hair?
    Thanks for the suggestions guys
    I would suggest these warm honey colours because they give lots of texture and that's what will look really good for you http://rodolfovalentin.com/rv/LOWLIG...LONDE_HAIR.jpg I actually got that pic from another girls post on here asking a similar question her name is gracie88 and she's getting it done on saturday. i can't wait to see it, same with you so let us see some pix if you get it done!!:yes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.