Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Do any of you like your friends so much as to keep contacting them every now and then and try and arrange an outing somewhere...but they never really seem to reply back (or contact you the same in return) and only talk to you when you meet them? How does this make you feel and what do you do?

ReputationRep:
    Give up and spend the time/effort actually chatting with friends that want to make the effort back.

ReputationRep:
    I hate one sided relationships, as hard as i may be try and find someone that is going to make the effort back, or at least leave the other people for awhile in the hope that they will see that they are not making the effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_tom_tom)
    I hate one sided relationships, as hard as i may be try and find someone that is going to make the effort back, or at least leave the other people for awhile in the hope that they will see that they are not making the effort.

Yeah, thing is sometimes I go overboard and try not to accept the fact too quickly that they're not trying. It seems odd that they treat you as real friends when you're with them though.

ReputationRep:
    Yup in the past.
    Soon came to the conclusion that I couldnt be bothered with people who couldnt be bothered with me though, and left it at that.

Those who ive heard from fair enough, those who I havent- well its not much of a loss really.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I have friends that just drop out at the last minute everytime we arrange to do something...and its always the same people...

ReputationRep:
    yes there is a girl I meet at work she doesnt make an effor at all. Shes really cool tho when she comes out shes so nice and lovely is just that shes not the type to txt you or send you a message via facebook. Even wen I do she ignores it most of the time lol but shes really nice so I dont take it personally lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nouvelle vague)
    Hmm I have friends that just drop out at the last minute everytime we arrange to do something...and its always the same people...
    thats kinda exactly the same thing I get...I just dont get why though...I do sympathise...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ∑ Я ĩ k ė s ħ ξ)
    Yeah, thing is sometimes I go overboard and try not to accept the fact too quickly that they're not trying. It seems odd that they treat you as real friends when you're with them though.
    I'm on the other side of the problem (as in im always the one that appears to not be making the effort with one of my mates)
    the thing is i genuinely do try and see him, but whenever he invites me out im always doing something else already. I feel so bad about it though, cos he is such a good lad and we used to be really close

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gulli)
    I'm on the other side of the problem (as in im always the one that appears to not be making the effort with one of my mates)
    the thing is i genuinely do try and see him, but whenever he invites me out im always doing something else already. I feel so bad about it though, cos he is such a good lad and we used to be really close

Thats still considerate enough though

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.