Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Today I played about 10 matches in Magic: The Gathering DotP on XBLA. Of those, I won about 7 (I'm pretty handy with the green deck). When I say "won", I mean I would have won, were it not for every single person quitting the moment they were about to lose.

There needs to be some sort of universal solution. Player reviews are useless. I like how Gears 2 employs a points-penalty for leaving early but that might not be appropriate in all cases. What can be done?

Share stories. Share solutions. Pass Pringles around. This thread is now our little pot of rage.

ReputationRep:
    Well on dota there's banlist... so you ban whoever quit your games and you can autokick them from your game. I don't think the ps3 will ever come close to such a system in the next decade. Xbox live may, it already has the reputation system right?

Also, in games like CoD4 you get bonus points if you stick to the end, even if you lose. So maybe give incentives to people who stay till the end.

I understand if your connection sucks, but consistently quitting is not fun.

ReputationRep:
    The reputation system is utterly useless. For one, I don't think negative feedback reduces reputation - I read this somewhere. And even if it did, reputation is not an active deterrent. Nobody checks the gamercard and reputation of the people they're about to play with to see if they're trustworthy.

The only thing I can suggest is some sort of standard measure of giving a penalty when you pause and hit "quit game" while the game is in progress. Some people will still disconnect their internet to prevent losing but that's a hassle. It'd help and I want it done or I will start hammering shins.

ReputationRep:
    Uh..

On Battlefield 2, if you leave before the round ends, any points and achievements you get don't count.

Can't think of any others

ReputationRep:
    I'll play you in magic: the gathering and not quit, cause I know i'll lose lolz. Gamertag is same as my username.

Oh and this happens all the time in player and ranked matches. I played a 4 player match with a friend and he beat one of the other players and they both quit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airel)
    Uh..

On Battlefield 2, if you leave before the round ends, any points and achievements you get don't count.

Can't think of any others
    That is what it is like on Delta Force Black Hawk Down.

ReputationRep:
    If you think quitters are annoying on XBL, try playing dota :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    Well on dota there's banlist... so you ban whoever quit your games and you can autokick them from your game. I don't think the ps3 will ever come close to such a system in the next decade. Xbox live may, it already has the reputation system right?
    If they integrate the ignore list with games, like they did with Rfom then it would work well, they are working on a proper grief system for V3.00 which is due for Christmas ()

(Original post by darkos87)
    Also, in games like CoD4 you get bonus points if you stick to the end, even if you lose. So maybe give incentives to people who stay till the end.

I understand if your connection sucks, but consistently quitting is not fun.
    The "incentive" just doesn't work tho does it...the bonus isn't that much so people leave anyways...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.