Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ok was just wanderin what fellow tsr members think about topless sunbathing. is it ok for girl to do? is it reasonable for her bf to be annoyed by it? and do any of yous happily sunbath on hol topless?

ReputationRep:
    we need pics to decide if its ok

ReputationRep:
    Pics or GTFO.

ReputationRep:
    I never did topless, but i'd always make it so my bikini was hardly covering much, though i was on a family resort. It really depends where you are going to be sunbathing!

ReputationRep:
    NO PIC NO PROOF.

show me yours and i'll show you mine, i can vouch that i am sexy

ReputationRep:
    It's understandable for your boyfriend to be annoyed; he doesn't want other men looking at your boobs. It's kinda like you getting jealous if other girls look at his penis. Why he would just randomly have it hanging out at the beach, I do not know. Maybe he's weird.

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

To be honest, I wouldn't have a problem with a gf of mine going topless at all. It's only in Britain that we have these stigmas. In most of Europe it's very common.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is alright, as long as you respect the culture of the country you are in.

If it offends the culture of the country you are doing it in, don't do it (ie don't do it in Thailand, but go for it in Australia).

ReputationRep:
    tits or GTFO

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's OK. We were all born naked. Nudity doesn't hurt anyone (over 18 at least). Specially not when being on holidays/in hot climates. The human body should be appreciated and respected. Go topless if you want to :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I don't want by boobs to be sunburnt thankyou very much.
    Nor do I want to be stared at.
    Ewgh Imagine the sand all in your bits abd bobs!

ReputationRep:
    What's the point? Unless you plan on getting your tits out back home to show off the tan? Nobody will be seeing them apart from your bf.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think if you're ok with it, than do it. I would not like the attention it would cause though. And remember to pick a right place for it, not a beach were families come with children and all, because it is probable you will get screamed at for the unappropriacy

ReputationRep:
    I personally really don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ts-or-gtfo.png

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't, and I wouldn't really if my boyfriend didn't like it. It's not really about control, but like someone said, unless you also walk around topless, the only person who's going to be seeing your tan-less tits are your boyfriend, so I'd seek his approval.

ReputationRep:
    apparently nipples burn really easily... so if you do it bring lots of sun tan lotion :P

ReputationRep:
    Well,sometimes i do sunbathe topless.Obviously,not in that part of the beach where guys gather though

As long as you pick a place where youre only around women and no men around you should be fine.Plus,your bf wont be jealous too

ReputationRep:
    Goddamn it. You JUST beat me to that one.

ReputationRep:
    Lol wtf. No one's going to scream at you if there's kids about. I've seen mums topless with their families! It's only a pair of boobs! lol. Sand doesn't get stuck anywhere.. unless your boobs are really saggy. I wouldn't get up and walk about topless but when I'm subathing I have done. Just to get a nice tan - I don't like the look of having two white triangles and I don't think my bf would find it v sexy either!

As for jealously, what's the point? The most people are going to say is : Ooh, she's got nice boobs etc. So what? Are we supposed to be jealous when our bfs walk down the beach if they have six packs and get checked out by other girls? They're not going to chat you up if you're with your bf or feel you up are they!?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.