Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You couldn't be MORE in your face if you tried :rofl:

(Original post by *Lola_Stars*)
    but go for it in Australia
    Australians are pretty tame when it comes to going topless. You need to see certain beaches in the south of France. What's most amusing is how female tourists all go topless because it's just the thing to do in the area.

You'll also see a huge difference between the French Caribbean and the English-speaking Caribbean when it comes to this.

It's a bit hard being a guy on such a beach though and not ending up staring constantly.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather die than go topless in public. If I saw a random woman on a beach topless though I wouldn't be bothered. I just wouldn't do it myself.

ReputationRep:
    Pics or it didn't happen = GTFO

ReputationRep:
    If I woke up on a beach next to my girlfriend while she was sunbathing naked well what can I say I would be a bit shocked but then I would be like well, this looks like an opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nattynoo101)
    I went topless for the first time in Spain recently. My boyfriend wasn't jealous..in fact he was the one that suggested I do it. It was really liberating actually Loads of women were doing it, including mothers with their kids. One English woman and her partner started chatting to us, and she was happily chatting away with it all hanging out. Didn't know where to look lol. The thing was, men weren't even batting an eyelid. There was a huge group of young guys (about 18-20) and they were too busy playing ball to notice. It's only really in Britain that we have such a problem with this.
    Hi

I've been topless before but went a bit further this year in Egypt and just wore a thong around the pool (as I can't stand tan lines). I didn't get any adverse comments and didn't feel like I was being stared at. I was with my fiance and he certainly didn't mind.

I'd have to agree that it's only the prudish British who ever seem to have a problem with public nudity. There were plenty of topless people around the pool and on the beach so there's no point worrying about standing out from the crowd.

x

Personally, it’s not for me. Though one of my friends always does when she’s on holiday.

No one really takes notice – out with Britain people tend to be much more relaxed about women being topless sunbathing. If you’re okay with it and so is your boyfriend then go for it.

ReputationRep:
    I wish the weather was warm enough to sunbathe, regardless of whether or not any woman sunbathed topless. Looks like sunbathing weather may have ended for this year.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people post these topics without pics?

Seriously, the biggest thing wrong about H and R, aside from the whiny ******s, is a lack of pics to go with good thread titles.

PICS OR GTFO.

ReputationRep:
    I avoid crowd beaches and go somewhere where I'll surely be alone with some guy or totally alone; only me and nature. So I sunbathe in topless or naked.
    But I rather go to nightswimming.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah or this could be the outcome:
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...:0&tx=76&ty=96

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.