Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone work or used to work at New Look? watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi everyone, I need some careers help.

Basically I have a job at Primark, but I want to quit the job as I feel that I cannot fit in with the others.

So I was thinking of working at New Look fashion stores. Now I have the experience but the store I am applying for is at Meadowhall in Sheffield.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boreism)
    Hi everyone, I need some careers help.

Basically I have a job at Primark, but I want to quit the job as I feel that I cannot fit in with the others.

So I was thinking of working at New Look fashion stores. Now I have the experience but the store I am applying for is at Meadowhall in Sheffield.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

:confused:

Wait aren't you the person that only got the Primark job a few days ago and just did your first shift!

I hate to be blunt but if you are already throwing in the towel then you will have no chance at another job. Also, it will not look good if New look find out about this!

You need to keep at it!

ReputationRep:
    Why do you feel you don't fit in? I'm sure after a few weeks at the job you will feel a lot closer to your team and you probably won't mind it as much.

If you already have retail experience then I don't think getting a job at New Look would be hard, but there might not be anything going. I'd say stick at your job and wait before you leap to make a change.

ReputationRep:
    You just started right? I remember reading your post a few days ago saying you got an interview...

They say it takes 3 months to settle into a new job (I don't know who 'they' are but hey), don't just quit after your first shift, you are hardly going to be best friends with people you have just met!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Lell)
    You just started right? I remember reading your post a few days ago saying you got an interview...

They say it takes 3 months to settle into a new job (I don't know who 'they' are but hey), don't just quit after your first shift, you are hardly going to be best friends with people you have just met!
    I meant after 3-5 months.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you "cannot fit in with others" who is to say that you will be able to do so in New Look? In any case, you are there to work, not to be best friends with your co-workers, so long as you do your job well it doesn't matter does it?

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.