Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey people (please keep anonymous), been having my periods since i was 11 and im now 19, this has possibly only been happening for the past 5 years or so but whenever i have a period i get really constipated and was just wondering if im alone in this or it happens to other people.

Ive never taken anything to help this, so could anyone recommend anything?

This happens to me too, it's really annoying

ReputationRep:
    Weirdly I have to oposite of what you have (if you know what I mean) :o:

(Original post by Chrisateen)
    I forgot to mention that this happens to me afterwards, like its all saved up for after, it is really horrible!

ReputationRep:
    Constipation:

Lots of fibre
    Plenty of fluids
    Excercise

and you should be sorted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I forgot to mention that this happens to me afterwards, like its all saved up for after, it is really horrible!
    LOL that sounded really funny.

I won't worry about it as long as you return to your usual self a few days after you finish I think you would be fine.

I always have problems during my period and always dread it coming but its something we women have to face each month

ReputationRep:
    haha i'm the same...

ReputationRep:
    I have both :/ . Think it happens cos the cramps and stuff mess with your digestion and things. All you can do is eat more fruit and stuff to try and keep things moving, and if it gets too bad you can get senna or syrup of figs (both natural) which can help. Just don't try Ex-Lax, cos things can get a bit messy

I also get constipated during my period. Fibre (banana or weetabix are my personal favourites) and fluids help a bit, but I think it's just natural.

ReputationRep:
    Weirdly I have to oposite of what you have (if you know what I mean)
    Me too, seems like my cramps just make me want to go all the time...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.