Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I read somewhere that you could get extra Tv channels through HallsNet, is this true, and if so what channels does it get you? =]

ReputationRep:
    you download it, its called freewire, its pretty much freeview minus a few notably itv2 and devastatingly sky sports news

ReputationRep:
    Just thought i'd point out that its best to check out whether your laptop is up to using it cause for some reason my graphics card wasn't or something stupid like that. I only found out after having paid for a tv licence. :o:

ReputationRep:
    I never used it myself. The BBC iplayer, ITV catchup, 4 on demand etc showed all I wanted really, for free. And because its not live, I never needed a TV license

ReputationRep:
    its pretty good tbh, get a lead and throw it on your tv, either hdmi or vga
    it really proves its worth when the apprentice starts
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Paauullll)
    its pretty good tbh, get a lead and throw it on your tv, either hdmi or vga
    it really proves its worth when the apprentice starts
    It is really good. I think it's worth the cost of the TV licence (not that anybody would ever know if you didn't have one) and because it doesn't count towards your data usage for the day, you can leave it on all evening without losing internet access :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    you can leave it on all evening without losing internet access :yes:
    *thinks back to the time when he fell asleep watching streaming tv and awoke to find no internet*

Good point.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.