Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So Thom Yorke played a new song at his solo set at Latitude Sunday, it's been soundchecked at Radiohead gigs so maybe it'll be on their next album? You can listen to it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmbg3...e=channel_page

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Meh. Didnt like how he was repeating lots of the lines twice and the lyrics didnt strike me as particularly great. I think I would probably like it more if it was done in the style of The Eraser. Is there likely to be another Radiohead album any time soon?

ReputationRep:
    Don't really know. They're in the studio right now I think, but they haven't announced anything. And I really like the Eraser, pretty underrated album.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!
    I personally love it.

ReputationRep:
    It was good - although the rest of the set was better. But then again I saw the pre-In Rainbows tour and thought their newer stuff wasn't as good as their older stuff - and we can all see how that turned out. :P:

It was such an amazing set though. Best gig I've ever been to.

The reworked Harrowdown Hill was especially good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IeuanF)
    The reworked Harrowdown Hill was especially good.
    That sounds pretty great. I'm most jealous of True Love Waits. I've been wanting to see him play that for ages.

ReputationRep:
    I'm truly baffled at to what makes that song so good. I really am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    I'm truly baffled at to what makes that song so good. I really am.
    Do you mean you like it and you can't understand why, or you can't understand why other people like it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cowboy Dan)
    Do you mean you like it and you can't understand why, or you can't understand why other people like it?
    The latter; just ignore the troll.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, I was there! I'd never listened to any of his solo work, was such a lovely set though and I did really like that song actually. Especially the way he introduced it: "This is a new song, so you know.. go for a piss."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulkpull)
    The latter; just ignore the troll.
    Haha okay. Nice username btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cowboy Dan)
    Both tbh and i'm not trolling :confused: Why do people think just because it is a negtaive reply i am trolling. WTF. What's wrong with not liking Radiohead/Yorke?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure yet but I think it'll grow on me. I can't wait for Radiohead's new stuff.

Both tbh and i'm not trolling :confused: Why do people think just because it is a negtaive reply i am trolling. WTF. What's wrong with not liking Radiohead/Yorke?
    It's your shiny reds that do it, Ben.

It's ok I suppose, I do find it difficult to like his voice at times. Sometimes I do just want to pull my ears off :tongue:
    Radiohead ftw :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    It's your shiny reds that do it, Ben.

It's ok I suppose, I do find it difficult to like his voice at times. Sometimes I do just want to pull my ears off :tongue:
    Radiohead ftw :ninja:
    I guess it is

I ditto the ear thing. But seriously that song i don't get, why do people love it so much out of interest!! The guitar is a bit repetitive and boring and of course i won't get started on the vocals!

ReputationRep:
    I guess it is

I ditto the ear thing. But seriously that song i don't get, why do people love it so much out of interest!! The guitar is a bit repetitive and boring and of course i won't get started on the vocals!
    You're trying to start an argument out of nothing. One person said they loved it. It's the first time it's ever been played live, it's basically a sketch of a song. If it does end up on any record it will go through a lot of changes before then.

ReputationRep:
    You're trying to start an argument out of nothing. One person said they loved it. It's the first time it's ever been played live, it's basically a sketch of a song. If it does end up on any record it will go through a lot of changes before then.
    I was gauging my thoughts on the youtube vid too i guess.

ReputationRep:
    I was gauging my thoughts on the youtube vid too i guess.
    Well go comment there then!

ReputationRep:
    Well go comment there then!
    I did too

ReputationRep:
    I must have listened to this new song about a hundred times in the last few days (my usual way of deciding whether I like a RH song) and I must say I approve. Lyrically, moving, mystical, as ever. I don't know how the band will play around with it - it could end up like Faust or nearer to Reckoner.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.