Turn on thread page Beta

calling anybody that goes to rock clubs watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Hubby and I are planning to go out on Friday night to a rock club. We haven't been out clubbing since December 2004 lol and we've both got this awful feeling that they're gonna play songs we've never heard in our entire lives before haha.

We've not kept up with what's new in rock music at all in recent years - can anybody please tell me what gets played in rock clubs these days that was released since 2004 so I can download it so we don't feel out of the loop

I assume they're still gonna play the old stuff - slipknot, NIN, metallica, Rage and so on, but if you could tell me any new stuff we're not gonna have heard of at all that would be great!

Cheers muchly :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    Hubby and I are planning to go out on Friday night to a rock club. We haven't been out clubbing since December 2004 lol and we've both got this awful feeling that they're gonna play songs we've never heard in our entire lives before haha.

We've not kept up with what's new in rock music at all in recent years - can anybody please tell me what gets played in rock clubs these days that was released since 2004 so I can download it so we don't feel out of the loop

I assume they're still gonna play the old stuff - slipknot, NIN, metallica, Rage and so on, but if you could tell me any new stuff we're not gonna have heard of at all that would be great!

Cheers muchly :yes:
    Depends on the venue. The last rock club I went to on a Friday night had a "nu skool vs. old skool" theme, but unfortunately, there was very little "old skool" and an awful lot of whingey Emo and "metal" (I use that description, very loosely) ****.

Dunno if that's a typical trend in other places, though.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Depends on the venue. The last rock club I went to on a Friday night had a "nu skool vs. old skool" theme, but unfortunately, there was very little "old skool" and an awful lot of whingey Emo and "metal" (I use that description, very loosely) ****.

Dunno if that's a typical trend in other places, though.
    Hmm yeh I had thought of the fact that it could just be all emo rubbish these days. I guess a lot changes in 4 and a half years. I suppose we'll have to wait and see, I was just hoping we could familiarise ourselves with some stuff that might get played but I suppose it's hard to tell.

ReputationRep:
    Very much depends on the place and the DJs ive found.
    Having said that, even when Ive been to 'metal' nights and such things you still find that they play things like paramore, Panic at the disco and my chemical romance. In addition to this, for one reason or another they all seem to start playing drum and bass towards the end of the night :s

RATM seem to be pretty popular, the prodigy and pendulum get played ALOT in the places I go to. System of a down, KORN, metallica, all those you mentioned are still played, but unfortunately no matter where ive been its generally pretty emo/indie orientated so that they can draw more people in.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.