Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ex wont get out of my dreams! what does it mean? Watch

Anon or delete pls.

bkground info/essay (sorry in advance!):

i broke up with my ex 2ish yrs ago & we were together 2 yrs. I broke up with him for no particular reason (sounds strange but i think it was boredom and the realisation that i was too young to be tied down - i was 16/17) n its fair to say he was my first love & i know broke his heart n if i had met him when i was older, i probly wudve willingly married him.

ive gota bf, whom im very happy with. & he's gota gf who hes been with for about a yr, who absolutely hates me, for no reason, and has banned him from talking to me for the past yr.
    Eventho me n my ex had been friends since we were little, i accepted this cos at the end of the day, if he's willing to let her control him then thats up to him.

& for a year we havent spoken, sometimes see each other out but he wont even make eye contact n she always tries to kick off on me, & i always see them arguing, but all of this has never bothered me cos im happy and so is he.

But just recently, ive dreamt about him everynight.. & i mean EVERY night. I have NEVER dreamt about people before, not to the degree that i can actually see their faces. & in every dream it some how ends up in us bumping into each other (different circumstances everytime) and us talking and then him telling me that he still loves me n misses me etc. & they are so vivid.

I dont understand why ive started dreaming about him now, when it happened so long ago. I never think about him when im awake, it never bothers me seeing him with his gf or anything but im starting to wonder if im over him yet (i have questioned this before).

What on earth do these dreams mean and how the hell do i stop them? They're so annoying and upsetting!

& no, its not wishful-thinking or anything.. cos i think if i had the chance to get back with him, i wouldnt.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Anonymous]Anon or delete pls.

its fair to say he was my first love & i know broke his heart n if i had met him when i was older, i probly wudve willingly married him.

he's gota gf who hes been with for about a yr, who absolutely hates me, for no reason, and has banned him from talking to me for the past yr

Eventho me n my ex had been friends since we were little...

& for a year we havent spoken, sometimes see each other out but he wont even make eye contact n she always tries to kick off on me, & i always see them arguing,

QUOTE]

I quoted the most important bits imo...

As your first love, youll always have a soft spot for him, the reason could be because you havent had a sense of closure properly. Deep down you're bothered by his girlfriend hating you as you want to know why.

If you were friends when you were little then you will get times where your mind becomes nostalgic, even if you cant help it!

It doesnt mean you still love/want him necessarily, its just theres things that your mind still ponders over at times. It just happens to be recently it happens alot.

It'll pass

ReputationRep:
    Phone him up and tell him to get out of your dreams or else you will call the cops.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.