Turn on thread page Beta

Talking to my ex-girlfriend watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've realized that I'll never be able to get on with my life and find a meaningful relationship until I've spoken to my ex-gf about our troubled relationship. But the incident was four years ago now and I'm not sure she'd be willing to sit down with me and dicuss what happened.

Basically, I found out that she'd been with many men and told her she was a ****. She dumped me for this offense, when in reality all I was trying to do was understand her behavior and get her to explain herself.

If you were her, would you be willing to sit down with me in a cafe or a bar and talk things over? I don't want to get back with her, but I do want to know why she thought it was okay to go out with me after sleeping around. Would you be offended if I called you up?

ReputationRep:
    Dude...never talk to the ex. It never works out how you want it to, I know from experience. You have to confront stuff like this, but not always like this. If you two are friends again, then it may work, but if she's still mad, I recommend to stay away.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean she was with loads of men before she went out with you or whilst she was going out with you?

ReputationRep:
    I'd refuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarzbabe)
    Do you mean she was with loads of men before she went out with you or whilst she was going out with you?
    Before.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her. All ex's are different.
    Be kind, be soft-spoken, and don't do anything to offend her, and I'm sure she'll be able to tell you something.

(Original post by bret)
    I've realized that I'll never be able to get on with my life and find a meaningful relationship until I've spoken to my ex-gf about our troubled relationship. But the incident was four years ago now and I'm not sure she'd be willing to sit down with me and dicuss what happened.

Basically, I found out that she'd been with many men and told her she was a ****. She dumped me for this offense, when in reality all I was trying to do was understand her behavior and get her to explain herself.

If you were her, would you be willing to sit down with me in a cafe or a bar and talk things over? I don't want to get back with her, but I do want to know why she thought it was okay to go out with me after sleeping around. Would you be offended if I called you up?
    Not you again. Check out this guy's threads, he lives and breathes this so called 'slut'. And for the record, why can't she decide to have a boyfriend after playing the field?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bret)
    Before.
    In that case, don't say anything to her unless it's an apology because you are completely in the wrong.

Mate, she slept with them before she was with you.. she didnt think 'oooh, in the future i will date Bret, therefore i mustn't sleep with anyone now'. She isn't Psychic.

She had no commitments, she was entitled to do what she liked and therefore had and still has, every reason never to speak to you again for calling her a ****.

It's not the 1800's anymore. She can sleep with as many people she likes. Just be grateful she didnt do it whilst she was with you.

ReputationRep:
    Not being funny but what she did before you isn't really any of your business. Just don't go out with her if you can't accept it! Oh and btw, she doesn't need to explain anything to you now, you're not together! Why do you feel the need to talk to her about sleeping with different men? What will you get from it?

ReputationRep:
    You destroyed her emotionally. You need to leave her alone and get over it ... if I were her I would never talk to you again.

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Bret's back! hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    You destroyed her emotionally. You need to leave her alone and get over it ... if I were her I would never talk to you again.
    Do you think she would have been hurt by my actions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bret)
    Do you think she would have been hurt by my actions?
    I think you want her to have beenhurt by you to feel good about yourself, in some odd, twisted way.

Seriously. Get over it. She's not even in the wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god... it's bret again hehe.

ReputationRep:
    She has nothing to explain... So no you shouldn't get in touch. She's probably glad she's well rid of you.

And judging by other peoples replies, you know what's coming.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh Bret I've missed you

ReputationRep:
    Shutup idiot. She probably couldn't give two *****. Get over it; and yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Offer her the incentive of sex for cash, women really dig that.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.