Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    can you not see that she was trying to do you a favour =S

ReputationRep:
    Moisturizer vs your mothers feelings.

Use your Conscious of what to do, and hopefully you can find resolve, is the moisturiser worth your mothers tears???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shalarmay)
    WOW! What a nasty, vicious reply. Do you know what it feels like to have dry skin? She knows that I rely on my La Prairie. Wouldn't you expect to be asked before your personal property was binned?
    Do you know that the ridiculous amount of money spent on some "premium" moisturiser could have fed people starving in a Third World Country?

Dry skin? Oh yes, that's really intolerable comparing to Kwashiokor, Cholera and Starvation.

Apologise to your mother and use Nivea like the rest of us. It's essentially the same product. You've got to be pretty retarded to use your moisturiser as a measure of social standing.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Go and apologise right away. Hug, buy her something and calm down next time.

ReputationRep:
    Here's an update for those who haven't been insulting me:

At noon today, she came and sat with me during lunch to apologise for chucking my La Prairie in the bin. She's also ordered another La Prairie moisturizer for me, so this issue won't occur next time as I will have that alongside the La Prairie I ordered last night. I'm really happy now - the situation has pretty much been resolved, we're talking like normal.
    God, you are one vile annoying person.
    Any normal person would have:

A- Cleaned the bottle
    B- Apoligised to their mother for having a 5 year old tantrum over something so stupid.
    C- Got over it, there are more important things in life, to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    to be honest its only a moisturiser :rolleyes:
    i'd buy you're mum something really nice to say sorry for being so out of order
    and i know you don't want dry skin but there are loads of other moisturisers you can get anywhere that are just as good as that one, and i'd spend the money that you would have saved on your mum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choccielatte)
    Do you know that the ridiculous amount of money spent on some "premium" moisturiser could have fed people starving in a Third World Country?
    Boo ******* hoo, I can't stand people who spout the 'but children in Africa are dying' argument.

I don't have any sympathy for people who purposely breed like rabbits to the point whereby their population is unsustainable.

Why don't you practice what you preach and use the money from your broadband fee to buy food for these starving people?

ReputationRep:
    Boo ******* hoo, I can't stand people who spout the 'but children in Africa are dying' argument.

I don't have any sympathy for people who purposely breed like rabbits to the point whereby their population is unsustainable.

Why don't you practice what you preach and use the money from your broadband fee to buy food for these starving people?
    Are you thick? These countries in poverty have nothing to do with thier "breeding". Look it up.

You clearly have no form of intelligence whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    My troll sence is tingling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enchanté)
    You clearly have no form of intelligence whatsoever.
    That's rich, coming from a person who fails to refute an argument with credible evidence. Mass population growth is certainly a contributing factor.

ReputationRep:
    That's rich, coming from a person who fails to refute an argument with credible evidence. Mass population growth is certainly a contributing factor.
    Well it's not hard to research history stuff online. Is it. :rolleyes:
    But in saying that you've been pathetic this entire thread with your selfish attitude.

ReputationRep:
    Go and apologise to your mother, of course u can't make her pay for a whole bottle if she binned what most of us would probably have taken for an empty bottle. In future try placing your order for a new bottle earlier and then this argument with ur mum and all the people on this forum won't be necessary. Meanwhile why don't you try the vaseline intensive moisturiser it is very good and will work for a week or more, you could also try the nivea visage young range or if you want something more expensive Clinique or Dermetologica (very good)

Now go and apologise to your mum and accept that this time you were out of order in snaping at her over the remenants of some face cream....

ReputationRep:
    jesus christ...i thought this was going to be a serious thread.
    talk about a taking-of-troll-bait of epic proportions

if the story was true, such a vile character would have no remorse and wouldn't post on internet forum for advice.

ReputationRep:
    Look, money isn't an option when you have dry skin. It works really well for me, and I rely on it every morning. If I don't have my La Prairie, my foundation looks cakey and I can't apply any other mineral based products, like bronzer. Lower class products simply do not work as well.
    Money is definately an option when you have dry skin. I have dry skin, and i dontlk spend a fortune on moisturiser, i don't bother with foundation becasue when i did it always looked cakey, i found that just using concealer and powder works better thn anything else, try it and i don't need to spend all my money on **** and making my mother cry. Everyone else is right you are a spoilt brat, stop being so self absorbed.

ReputationRep:
    The OP certainly sounds like a *****.

ReputationRep:
    Spoilt ***** much? Make an effort to be nice to her. That is if you're not a troll.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I woke up today to find that my expensive La Prairie moisturizer had disappeared. It was nearly empty, but had a little left to last me the week.

So, I went downstairs thinking that it had been put in a drawer or something. To my shock, it was poking out of the bin! It was slimy and amongst food from last night. I lost it. I rely on this moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated and smooth, I can't deal with dry skin. So, I stormed into the study and confronted my mother. She explained that she presumed the moisturizer was empty, but I found that completely unacceptable and screamed in her face. I swore at her and threw things around the room. She's now disappeared upstairs, I think she's crying.

I feel slightly bad, but what she did was totally out of order, as it will take several days for an order to arrive. Should I apologise or get her to pay for the new moisturizer? Which I was considering until I saw she was upset.

It wasn't her fault. You have goone over the top and mums are sensitive-they usually ahve your interests at heart. Do something nice for her, cook her a meal, buy her flowers.

ReputationRep:
    Well aren't you a spoiled brat?

Grow up and get over yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Wow.

Id just like to say maybe if your skin is so dry you shouldnt be wearing foundation? even if it is Chanel...
    Try tinted moisturiser instead...Benefit i can recommend, and its £10 less.
    Also, just because your moisturiser is the most expensive, does it necessarily mean its the best? have you tried other moisturisers? Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion is probably just as good and its only £27. Its well known that Clinique products are more geared towards healthy skin than Chanel's.
    If you have so much money why dont you buy some different products just to try, because they may well be better. Also you dont have to wait for delivery...pop into Debenhams or Frasers.

Your reaction to the situation however, was ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I woke up today to find that my expensive La Prairie moisturizer had disappeared. It was nearly empty, but had a little left to last me the week.

So, I went downstairs thinking that it had been put in a drawer or something. To my shock, it was poking out of the bin! It was slimy and amongst food from last night. I lost it. I rely on this moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated and smooth, I can't deal with dry skin. So, I stormed into the study and confronted my mother. She explained that she presumed the moisturizer was empty, but I found that completely unacceptable and screamed in her face. I swore at her and threw things around the room. She's now disappeared upstairs, I think she's crying.

I feel slightly bad, but what she did was totally out of order, as it will take several days for an order to arrive. Should I apologise or get her to pay for the new moisturizer? Which I was considering until I saw she was upset.
    You'll live without ur moisturiser b**ch! GO apologise to ur mum asap.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.