Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shalarmay)
    Okay, so I woke up today to find that my expensive La Prairie moisturizer had disappeared. It was nearly empty, but had a little left to last me the week.

So, I went downstairs thinking that it had been put in a drawer or something. To my shock, it was poking out of the bin! It was slimy and amongst food from last night. I lost it. I rely on this moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated and smooth, I can't deal with dry skin. So, I stormed into the study and confronted my mother. She explained that she presumed the moisturizer was empty, but I found that completely unacceptable and screamed in her face. I swore at her and threw things around the room. She's now disappeared upstairs, I think she's crying.

I feel slightly bad, but what she did was totally out of order, as it will take several days for an order to arrive. Should I apologise or get her to pay for the new moisturizer? Which I was considering until I saw she was upset.
    You need a punch in the face.

ReputationRep:
    You say she was out of order... It's fudging moisturiser!

ReputationRep:
    I think you overreacted. You should definitely go and apologise to your mum. Also making her pay for another one is over the top considering that there was hardly anything in the one she threw out.
    I would never react that way with my mum. I mean I would probably be a little angry but in the end I would let it go considering all the things she's done for me in the past and what she still does.

ReputationRep:
    you swore at your mum and threw things for a moisturiser??? Grow up and go appologise
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    WOW! What a nasty, vicious reply. Do you know what it feels like to have dry skin? She knows that I rely on my La Prairie. Wouldn't you expect to be asked before your personal property was binned?
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Do you know what it feels like to have a bratty, *****y, vacuous, violent teenage daughter? I'll take the dry skin over that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leemkule)
    Isnt that type of moisturiser like £200? Troll fail imo. Even if this isn't a troll, you're a fool for spending that much on some ******** moisturiser.
    Look, money isn't an option when you have dry skin. It works really well for me, and I rely on it every morning. If I don't have my La Prairie, my foundation looks cakey and I can't apply any other mineral based products, like bronzer. Lower class products simply do not work as well.

ReputationRep:
    Look, money isn't an option when you have dry skin. It works really well for me, and I rely on it every morning. If I don't have my La Prairie, my foundation looks cakey and I can't apply any other mineral based products, like bronzer. Lower class products simply do not work as well.

Oh. Dear.

End.

ReputationRep:
    You need a good slap ffs. I feel sorry or your mother, having to put up with a spoilt brat like yourself. Grow up and go apologise.

ReputationRep:
    go and say sorry to ur mum, im sorry but that was waaaaay out of order. she didnt mean it, she didnt do it on purpose, it was an honest mistake.

ReputationRep:
    You want advice on how to deal with the situation?

Grow up, and go and apologise unreservedly for your bratty and unacceptable behaviour. That should go some way to making up for it.

ReputationRep:
    For your sake I hope you are trolling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    :rolleyes:

You feel slightly bad for blowing a fuse when your mother made a slight mistake! Get real and grow up!

I mean if you are going to make your mum cry at least make it for something worthwhile. Like if you get angry at her because she taped over Robocop 2 or because you broke your brother's nose.
    Both things happened to me
    Why didn't she just buy a new tape for countdown?

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

i cannot beleive your asking this! i feel sorry for your mom! go and apologise like now! and NO you shouldn't make her pay for it, did you pay for all the nappies etc she bought for you? ...didn't think so!

ReputationRep:
    2/10.

Also, 'Money isn't an option' makes absolutely no sense.

ReputationRep:
    You make her pay for it of course. How dare she throw away your moisturiser when there was a little bit left!

Oh, and slap her if she cries again.

Spoiler:
    Show
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You are a spoilt little cow who needs to be shot.

I hope your skin withers and dies.

ReputationRep:

Pls see the bigger picture here. It's not about the moisturiser, its about your mum throwing your stuff out and you not reacting in a reasonable way. Read my post earlier

And if you're still arguing over the cost or type of moisturiser or whatever special treatment your special skin requires then anyone trying to give u advice is wasting their time

ReputationRep:
    OP I hope you die before your mum.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just wipe the bin stuff off the bottle with a cloth or something.... not that big of a deal really, esp as the moisturiser itself wouldn't have even touched the food etc

Makes more sense than making your mum cry over a mistake that she did.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    if my daughter ends up like you I will seriously consider myself to have failed as a mother.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.