Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shalarmay)
    Okay, so I woke up today to find that my expensive La Prairie moisturizer had disappeared. It was nearly empty, but had a little left to last me the week.

So, I went downstairs thinking that it had been put in a drawer or something. To my shock, it was poking out of the bin! It was slimy and amongst food from last night. I lost it. I rely on this moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated and smooth, I can't deal with dry skin. So, I stormed into the study and confronted my mother. She explained that she presumed the moisturizer was empty, but I found that completely unacceptable and screamed in her face. I swore at her and threw things around the room. She's now disappeared upstairs, I think she's crying.

I feel slightly bad, but what she did was totally out of order, as it will take several days for an order to arrive. Should I apologise or get her to pay for the new moisturizer? Which I was considering until I saw she was upset.
    I think you've done the right thing there tbh. After all it's only your mother; the one who brought you into this world, gives you money to buy this moisturizer and brought you up 'well'.

How dare she throw your moisturizer in the bin. TBH i think you let her off lightly you should have thrown boiling hot water on her face for what she has done to you, preposterous.

Then she'd understand what it means to you.

ReputationRep:
    I rely on this moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated and smooth, I can't deal with dry skin.
    That's so immature and it makes you sound really spoilt, which you probably will realise when you reread your post...

Should I apologise or get her to pay for the new moisturizer?
    No way! You said yourself that the tub was nearly empty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Shot :eek: That's a bit OTT, how about she should have to go 2 weeks without moisturiser? (She'll wish she was shot)
    Lol I know but come on, her reaction over moisturiser was beyond pathetic.
    A whole life time without moisturiser is called for me thinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Venom123)
    I think you've done the right thing there tbh. After all it's only your mother; the one who brought you into this world, gives you money to buy this moisturizer and brought you up 'well'.

How dare she throw your moisturizer in the bin. TBH i think you let her off lightly you should have thrown boiling hot water on her face for what she has done to you, preposterous.

Then she'd understand what it means to you.
    OP sounds unhinged, she might actually do this.

ReputationRep:
    Just go and apologise to her.. She'll forgive you.

ReputationRep:
    There's no "Should I" about it...you screamed at your mother for throwing away moisturiser by accident. She was essentially cleaning up after you.

ReputationRep:
    Appologise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsdream2)
    Lol I know but come on, her reaction over moisturiser was beyond pathetic.
    A whole life time without moisturiser is called for me thinks.
    Yh, it's sad and I can only hope she realises this before it's too late. Imagine her in a relationship 'oh no don't look at me for 4 days because I don't have moisturiser.' Pathetic.

What will she do when she ages? Will she kill herself at like 30 after getting a wrinkle or laugh lines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Will she kill herself at like 30 after getting a wrinkle or laugh lines.
    Natural selection at its finest.

ReputationRep:
    If you are not a piece of unbelievably good trolling, then i've only one thing to say to you.

I would not be at all surprised if you are discovered dead within the next few years your body riddled with cociane, heroin and other various narcotics after you discovered all your wealth couldn't buy you real friends and anything that would fulfil you properly. Your attitude is utterly disgusting, vile and cretinous. You have and most likely will fail completely as a human being and the only one i feel sorry for in all of this is your mother for having birthed such a disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    It's times like these that make me wish Pokemon were real so Machoke could choke you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedRiotRoses)
    If you are not a piece of unbelievably good trolling, then i've only one thing to say to you.

I would not be at all surprised if you are discovered dead within the next few years your body riddled with cociane, heroin and other various narcotics after you discovered all your wealth couldn't buy you real friends and anything that would fulfil you properly. Your attitude is utterly disgusting, vile and cretinous. You have and most likely will fail completely as a human being and the only one i feel sorry for in all of this is your mother for having birthed such a disgrace.
    I'm a heartless, womanising ******* but i love my mum. she makes me roast dinner every third sunday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troubled_Student)
    Firstly there was a tiny bit in it so not that bad. You say it takes 2-3 days for this order to come, presuming you've ordered it today which i'm guessing by your spoilt lifestyle you have [out of your mothers money who you have recently swore at and threw things at] it will come by Thursday - now tell me who goes out clubbing on a monday, tuesday or wednesday night? Or is mummy paying for you to go clubbing as well as paying for your "my oh so precious moisturizer on, that if i don't have it my skin cakes and foundation just won't go on! oh god help me before i commit suicide."

Quite frankly the way you've got mad over it isn't a problem to me, as i'm sure every human being has had an argument with friends/family for binning/destroying personal possessions. However do you not realize your mum made a SIMPLE MISTAKE, and considering she pays for this stuff, and is paying for your new batch it's not that bad. Secondly how you continue to go on about how you really really need this stuff is irritating me, maybe you do need it that badly, however i don't think it means you need to swear at your mum, throw things at her, make her cry and not feel sorry for it. I suggest you go upstairs, say "sorry mum, for flipping out over my moisturizer but you know how much that means to me and i'm very sorry, it won't happen again. However please ask me next time before throwing anything away, thanks mum" Then give her a big hug, and to really show your sorry use her allowance that she so generously gives to you go down the shop, god forbid without makeup on, and buy her a box of chocolates or some flowers then wait patiently for your "oh so precious moisturizer"

Okay?
    If you dare, make a post "but it means so much to me, she shouldn't have done that" etc,etc you are quite clearly a fool, and deserve to not only never have an allowance again, but you will not deserve the right to sleep in your mothers house, go back to University or have a life.
    Bye now.
    Off topic but this is pretty much a perfect response. I think you'd make a great lawyer in arguing a case .
    Although here there's practically no argument as it's pretty obvious what the OP should do- there's no question about whether you should apologize! Yes, I also get annoyed if my mum throws something important away, I've even had my art coursework thrown days before deadlines. However, if I something has been thrown which really means so much to me I would actually bother to go and fish it out of the bin.
    I also would not do what you did afterwards...instead you should have just explained to her reasonably that you'd prefer it if she asked you before throwing things in future. That's how I deal with the situation - my mum gets angry at me despite this rather than vice versa but thats parents for you.

Anyway, you have to think whether the moisturiser really is worth so much more than your relationship with your mum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedRiotRoses)
    What a vulgar, callous response. I attend a top 5 university, so failing is an unlikely option. This future that you attempt to paint is practically impossible, I would never touch drugs.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: wow, you are a really nice person :rolleyes:
    clearly you are an immuture spoilt little brat who has some issues which you need to sort out

ReputationRep:
    I feel slightly bad, but what she did was totally out of order, as it will take several days for an order to arrive. Should I apologise or get her to pay for the new moisturizer? Which I was considering until I saw she was upset.
    no, what you did was 'totally' out of order. You buy your own damn moisturiser, whilst your at it you should think about buying a little something for your mum as an apology.

ReputationRep:
    Look, money isn't an option when you have dry skin. It works really well for me, and I rely on it every morning. If I don't have my La Prairie, my foundation looks cakey and I can't apply any other mineral based products, like bronzer. Lower class products simply do not work as well.
    Oh my god, go apologise to your mum she made one little mistake ... I'm betting she's the reason you can even afford to buy this unreasonably expensive moisturiser in the first place. OH, and I was wondering since " money isnt an option " (just .. .wow.) you could try L'Occtaine's moisturisers which work really well and are like 1/4 of the price .. and then guess what you can buy 4 of them so you'll never run out!

Oh and completely agree with above post ^^

ReputationRep:
    first of all mums do make mistakes and so do all of us go and tell your mum that your sorry and talk respectful to your mum and do im 23 and believe me me and my mum can fight dont make any mistakes but i dont swore at her i was told that you dont swore your parents becuase its easy to see their faults but we dont always want to see our faults that what they need to keep up with

second it looks like if you dont have a relationship with your mum so start doing stuff for your mum to show her that you still care and love her start to bult a relationship with her and if you want and you feel its difficult then you can email me i will help where i can (im busy bulding a relationship with my mum) ([email protected] .com)

third and its the importand one get the root why you feel so angry (okay its exp. stuff but still she stays your mum) is it realy about cream or is there something else go and think do you have lately lots of stress or any trouble

if my daughter ends up like you I will seriously consider myself to have failed as a mother.

you can do your best to form your child but the choices your child makes is her/his own choice your child wount always listen to you you dont get a manual with your child that tells you what to do to get a perfect child did you always listen to your mum but in the other hand you right cuase you can learn your child whats wrong and whats right but again will they listen to you

thats my feary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecoolcat)
    It's times like these that make me wish Pokemon were real so Machoke could choke you.
    Thats so going in my sig!

ReputationRep:
    Go apologize.

Then go look in the mirror and slap your dry face until you wake up to yourself.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.