Turn on thread page Beta

Comments on my singing - YOUTUBE Video link included watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah your singing is pretty good, but it sounds like your trying a bit to hard for that song, holding notes for longer than is needed which makes the song flow less and seem jumpy. But you do have a really nice voice. Though I know nothing about singing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obessedwithu&rockmusic)
    This DUDE said:

Editor-In-Chief Paul White replies: If you need a smooth-sounding vocal mic, the Rode NT2A is a very good choice within its price range, but don't get rid of all your other mics, as different voices benefit from different mic characteristics. I've found that the SE Electronics mics have a pretty 'in the middle' kind of sound, so they should suit a wide range of singers. Also take a close look at your recording environment itself, to see whether that is colouring the sound excessively. Hanging duvets behind the singer, to reduce the amount of reflected room sound reaching the vocal mic, is always a handy quick fix if you don't have a proper vocal room or booth set up.

You are amazing, thank you!!

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blurryeyedwithtears)
    You are amazing, thank you!!

xxxx
    :top:
    im glad it helped

ReputationRep:
    It's quite good, you need practice though and sing a song that is more in your range and then in time you'll be able to get a wider vocal range.
    to you for putting it on youtube, that takes some courage and posting a link on tsr takes courage too :yes:
    I also posted a vid of me singing on youtube but don't dare putting a link on here :o: (not sure if it is any good)

Do you take any singing lessons? It could help you with your breathing and holding certain notes longer to make the song flow more if you get what i mean.
    Keep up the good work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pr!ya)
    It's quite good, you need practice though and sing a song that is more in your range and then in time you'll be able to get a wider vocal range.
    to you for putting it on youtube, that takes some courage and posting a link on tsr takes courage too :yes:
    I also posted a vid of me singing on youtube but don't dare putting a link on here :o: (not sure if it is any good)

Do you take any singing lessons? It could help you with your breathing and holding certain notes longer to make the song flow more if you get what i mean.
    Keep up the good work

I don't take singing lessons but I am going to look into it. I felt more comfortable putting it on here to get feedback than I did sending it to anyone I know, which is why everything is fairly anonymous! I don't have a lot of confidence in my voice but I am eager to improve it, so I thought this would be the best way to get some ideas as to how I can do that.

Thanks for the advice and the lovely comments. If you want to PM me your video I'd love to hear it! But I understand if not . xxx

ReputationRep:
    Really nice voice

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.