Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How am I supposed to tell my mom? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I'm about to type this, but I think I have a rash or something on my vag. You know...and since I'm only 17 and she would have to take me to a doctor to get it looked at, I'm thinking I should tell her about it. But I am afraid that she'll think I have an STI...maybe it is possible. I do have a boyfriend and we do everything but actual sex to be honest, but I'm afraid she'll get all suspicious if I tell her. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to tell your mum at all..Just book a doctors appointment and go by yourself.

ReputationRep:
    tell your dad instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    You don't have to tell your mum at all..Just book a doctors appointment and go by yourself.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    As above, you dont need her to go with you or to tell her at all.

What kind of rash are we talking about anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londonboym)
    tell your dad instead?
    ARE YOU CRAZY?

only joking....:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    why do you need to tell your mum because you are 17?

go on your own

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obessedwithu&rockmusic)
    ARE YOU CRAZY?

only joking....:ahee:
    He'd be happy to help :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timetokill)
    As above, you dont need her to go with you or to tell her at all.

What kind of rash are we talking about anyway?
    hmm...well it's itchy but it wasn't always itchy...not until a couple weeks ago (and i'm not even anywhere near my boyfriend. i'm in a totally different country) but for a while now i've had bumps...like pimples kind of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    err from the spelling of mom instead of mum i am guessing this person is american or canandian..and i dont think it is possible to do that as all medical care is paid for by the parents.

All I can suggest is that you look on the internet and look for a young persons or free sexual health clinic to get checked without your parents knowing

ReputationRep:
    Don't you mean mUm? (Unless your American.) Stupid Americanisms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayz92)
    hmm...well it's itchy but it wasn't always itchy...not until a couple weeks ago (and i'm not even anywhere near my boyfriend. i'm in a totally different country) but for a while now i've had bumps...like pimples kind of.
    have you shaved or waxed there recently?

ReputationRep:
    just tell your mum, i think she should be understanding

if she gets suspicious and goes all wonky, just say your old enough to understand these things and your not stupid

ReputationRep:
    Through interpretive dance.

or just go to the doctors by yourself.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You don't have to tell her. Even if you do, you can just tell her you're not having sex, the rash could be any number of things.
    If you shave the area, that could have caused it.

ReputationRep:
    Take pictures of the rash and leave them lying around the house for her to find.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayz92)
    Could it be due to shaving/waxing or hair removal from that area recently at all?

If not, it could be a heat rash.

If you havent had it for that long, or its come up since hair removal, it could be worth waiting it out a little.

ReputationRep:
    Some people in the Midlands spell mom with an 'o.' I don't do it because I'm trying to be American, I must have been taught that way since I have always spelled it with an 'o' and I doubt I got through my whole schooling without once writing the word mom. Also I know others who are local who spell it the same way.

(A little aside there).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pouria91)
    just tell your mum, i think she should be understanding

if she gets suspicious and goes all wonky, just say your old enough to understand these things and your not stupid
    Like standing on one leg?

"Mum, I have a rash on my vagina, I need to get it checked out, will you come with me"

*stands on one leg* "OH NO! IS IT HERPES?!"

ReputationRep:
    Facepalm.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.