Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are you on TSR? (Directed at people with 1,000+ postcount) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by april_happy)
    To see what people ACTUALLY think about stuff, as appose to the **** the media feeds us on everything in our lives. This place is just plain special and mostly honest =)
    If you base what people think about stuff by what you've read on here, **** me you must have a warped sense of reality.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like the only intellectual and open minded forum out there, pretty much everyone is really friendly and there are some great members here. Some of the topics are interesting as well. TSR rawks! Woohoo =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    Because it's a place for online discussion. I'm not going to be out with friends all the time, and quite frankly, it's more interesting than watching TV like a braindead lemon.
    Couldn't have put it better myself!

ReputationRep:
    Went on here cos a friend is, have stayed cos i've made new friends on here :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Fills in the time between masturbating and feeling sorry for myself, duh.

ReputationRep:
    It's fun and addictive. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Boredom and insomnia. I never post on here at term time, but I'm on it SHOCKING amounts in the holidays

ReputationRep:
    Some of the stuff on here is actually quite interesting, for instance, that thread about letters after death in the army, quite a moving thread I would have had no idea about if it were not for TSR!!

ReputationRep:
    1) it's fun
    2) i like helpin people
    3) i cba to do anything and i'm bored!

ReputationRep:
    Last year I needed help with revision and saw this place was good.
    1 - 200 posts: Revision
    201 - 400 posts: I felt like I should give something back so helped others
    401 - 600 posts: I realised the hierarchy of TSR and how the higher repped users were treated like kings compared to everyone else. Me having some sort of complex meant I spent this amount of posts disrespecting everyone and gaining rep from contreversy and such.
    601 - 800 posts: I became a rep-whore
    ----Then I had a half year break when I didn't care for TSR any more----
    801 - 850 posts: Exams again, revision help
    851+ posts: Rep whore syndrome again. I became nice to gain rep.

Now I'm bored of TSR and check it very infrequently.

That's how I break down my ~1400 postcount TSR life cycle, I hope someone enjoys reading it :awesome:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I started off trying to find more info about Uni and what to bring and stuff.

Then I started going into different forums and seeing what they were saying... the rest is history!

I've never bought a membership though.

Plus, I have no job and need something to fill the hours while everyone else is at work

ReputationRep:
    because I have **** all else to do

ReputationRep:
    Because I don't have anything to do at work, and I still have to be on the computer for 8 hours. So TSR seems like a good option to ease my boredom :yep:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It's a great distraction from my uni work and a way of continuing to dispel myths about Oxford and encourage people to apply

ReputationRep:
    Initially to find out about university and architecture courses (back in 2004!)
    Then I subbed to post random things whilst I was bored.
    Now I to (try) to help out other people in the architecture forum and to find out random information, mainly about which laptops people think are good and about the architecture profession. Although I don't post much anymore.
    2500 posts in 5 years isn't too bad I figure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apocalypte)
    I'm bored and unemployed. Down with that sort of thing.
    Ditto.

ReputationRep:
    I started off on here looking for a mature students forum back in 2006. No longer a student but I still use this site because I like it, have met some really intelligent people and I also like helping others if I can. . Then theres the threads, some of them are very amusing, some are sad. I read lots on here, but dont always post, despite what my post count says..:p:

ReputationRep:
    ahahahah, you retards trying to justify your bloody retarded lives on the internet ahahahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    No longer a student but I still use this site because I like it, have met some really intelligent people and I also like helping others if I can. . Then theres the threads, some of them are very amusing, some are sad. I read lots on here, but dont always post, despite what my post count says..:p:
    :ditto: although i appeared in 2007 and am still at uni

ReputationRep:
    Procrastination, essentially.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.