Turn on thread page Beta

Ib Extended Essay Economics - Please Answer The Following, Please!!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Just need as many people as possible to help out with this short questionaire so i can get as much info frok reliable sources for my extended essay. Please people, really need your help!!! Thanks to everyone in advanced.

1) How many music CD’s have you bought this year?

2)How many music CD’s had you bought around this time of year 5 years ago?

3)Has the number of music CD’s you have purchased reduced?
    b) - If yes, please state why.

4)What effects do you think the decline in the sale of music CD’s may have on a country’s economy if any?

5)Can the current methods of distribution of music (online stores etc.) cater for the decline of the sale of the music CD in the music industry as a whole?
    b) - If yes/no, why?

All help is greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    1. 4
    2. 2
    3. No
    4. Recession --> reduce sales on music CDs
    5. Yes. Easier accessible/ cheaper for online stores than going out and buy a music CD.

ReputationRep:
    1. 2
    2. 0
    3. No, I never bought any CDs before, I am only starting to buy some CDs now because I like the case.
    4. Not much, I don't think a countries GDP or consumer confidence is highly dependent on the music industry (unlike the oil industry). But some effects it might have are decreasing government tax revenue due to less sales of CDs.
    5. Yes. People don't need to go buy CDs anymore and due to P2P sharing software and etc. people don't even need to pay any kind of money for music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niilankwei2001)
    Just need as many people as possible to help out with this short questionaire so i can get as much info frok reliable sources for my extended essay. Please people, really need your help!!! Thanks to everyone in advanced.

1) How many music CD’s have you bought this year?

2)How many music CD’s had you bought around this time of year 5 years ago?

3)Has the number of music CD’s you have purchased reduced?
    b) - If yes, please state why.

4)What effects do you think the decline in the sale of music CD’s may have on a country’s economy if any?

5)Can the current methods of distribution of music (online stores etc.) cater for the decline of the sale of the music CD in the music industry as a whole?
    b) - If yes/no, why?

All help is greatly appreciated.
    Cheers
    1) CDs bought: 2
    2) CDs bought 5 years ago: 0 (I get where you're coming at with this question but you shouldn't ask the same people as we were at a younger age and hence didn't have as much interest in music and CDs as we do now.
    3) Economy, items becoming more expensive. And also digitally buying music is much easier and more practical.
    4) Nothing much I guess. Perhaps a movement in businesses and resources of production from luxury (unnecessary) items to basic needs (because these are what people will always buy). Also, the expansion of businesses distributing music digitally.
    5) Yes of course. They are more convenient!

ReputationRep:
    1.hardly a few!
    2.umm maybe 50-60
    3.yes! coz i get all the songs on thenet now!
    i hv no idea abt 4 n 5!!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.