ReputationRep:
    I think it would be ebst if you did something like this:

A level:
    Maths

AS level:
    Further maths
    Physics
    Computing

And then appyling in 2010 for 2011 entry, while completing further maths, physics, and maybe even computing if you feel like it.

You might feel weird being 2 years older than alot of the people at university, but no one really cares (or notices for that matter - everyone looks the same from 18-22ish anyway).

This way, you'll be able to work for either 2 years to save up money for an epic university experience, or work for a year and then spend the next travelling (while buckling down, of course).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonyMatt)

A level:
    Maths

AS level:
    Further maths
    Physics
    Computing

And then appyling in 2010 for 2011 entry, while completing further maths, physics, and maybe even computing if you feel like it.

You might feel weird being 2 years older than alot of the people at university, but no one really cares (or notices for that matter - everyone looks the same from 18-22ish anyway).

This way, you'll be able to work for either 2 years to save up money for an epic university experience, or work for a year and then spend the next travelling (while buckling down, of course).
    I like this advice, that's what I'd go for too.

There's loads of people older than 18 at uni, as people have taken so many different routes to get themselves there. I'll be nearly 21 when I start my course again, and 23 when I finish - really doesn't bother me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonyMatt)

A level:
    Maths

AS level:
    Further maths
    Physics
    Computing

Yeah, I think I'll do just this. Thanks.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.