Turn on thread page Beta

old people have no respect for us... watch

ReputationRep:
    I Some old people have no respect for us...

have been sick recently so went to get my meds, I felt like i was going to vom the whole time. Basically im I the que and this old woman pushes in and I said "there is a que" and she said "i'll just be 2 seconds", I said this "I dont care how long your going to be I was here first" at which point the woman behind the desk comes out and asks me to leave. I argued saying " I just want my meds" and she said "Your annoying the other customers" so I said "fine" and walked out. I may have been pre-pissed off by being sick but this wasent on.
    /rant

so do you think some old people dont have any respect for us?

ReputationRep:
    I think it has bugger all to do with whether people are old or young, some people just have no respect full stop.

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't you punch her in the **** :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knocking One Out)
    Why didn't you punch her in the **** :confused:

I really hope the word all starred out there began with a C, because im imagining that it did and its really making me laugh :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timetokill)
    I think it has bugger all to do with whether people are old or young, some people just have no respect full stop.
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why but I have this thing where I don't mind if an old person pushes in front of me or is rude or whatever. I think it's just because they are old. (I assure you that made more sense in my head)

ReputationRep:
    I really hope the word all starred out there began with a C, because im imagining that it did and its really making me laugh :p:
    Yeah it does :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsdream2)
    I don't know why but I have this thing where I don't mind if an old person pushes in front of me or is rude or whatever. I think it's just because they are old. (I assure you that made more sense in my head)
    it makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsdream2)
    Why should they though!? It annoys me so much, especially when you've been queueing ages for the bus or something in the rain and they just go to the front of the queue :rant: I never let people push in front of me, it's so rude.

And yeah, old people tend to think they have 'rights' which allow them to be so awfully rude.

ReputationRep:
    I can understand why old people have no respect for us since their view of youth today is hardly a good one, unfortunately
    It does piss me off though because we're not all like that.
    Arrgghh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    Why should they though!? It annoys me so much, especially when you've been queueing ages for the bus or something in the rain and they just go to the front of the queue :rant: I never let people push in front of me, it's so rude.

And yeah, old people tend to think they have 'rights' which allow them to be so awfully rude.
    I think that but there's always this over riding mechanism that means I'd feel bad saying anything. I suppose my reasoning is it's the whole respect them they've done things for this country....and they're going to die soon anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I never really care; I just think for a second that they're disrespectful, then I get on with my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knocking One Out)
    Yeah it does :p:
    and ending in a t?

Hahahahaha. Dont know why but people talking about **** punching really makes me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)

yeah and when you do the same things they act all high and mighty like once it was pouring down and I was running for the 10 (its a bus if you dont live in liverpool) and I just saw one stopped and got to the doors (the que was going right and I was coming from left and it looked like they were just standing in the shelter, if that makes sence) and this old woman says to me "theres a que yanno" in a horrible tone and then I hear her say "young people today" and a simple " the ques here" would have been ok

ReputationRep:
    and ending in a t?

Hahahahaha. Dont know why but people talking about **** punching really makes me laugh.
    If talking about it isn't enough.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWAvzNHWKQE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    I Some old people have no respect for us...

have been sick recently so went to get my meds, I felt like i was going to vom the whole time. Basically im I the que and this old woman pushes in and I said "there is a que" and she said "i'll just be 2 seconds", I said this "I dont care how long your going to be I was here first" at which point the woman behind the desk comes out and asks me to leave. I argued saying " I just want my meds" and she said "Your annoying the other customers" so I said "fine" and walked out. I may have been pre-pissed off by being sick but this wasent on.
    /rant

so do you think some old people dont have any respect for us?
    Why didn't you kick up a fuss in the store? I would, you were in the right. Next time I would say to them that you are documenting this incident, and needs to know their details so that you can accurately record the event that took place to lodge an official complaint.

ReputationRep:
    from what i see (and this is a gross generalisation btw) there are 2 types of old people. Those who embrace the youth, and who if you speak to them will be delighted to speak back. And those who see young people and think "i wonder what those young brats have stolen today"
    i tend to prefer the previous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comp_Genius)
    Why didn't you kick up a fuss in the store? I would, you were in the right. Next time I would say to them that you are documenting this incident, and needs to know their details so that you can accurately record the event that took place to lodge an official complaint.
    complaint to who?

ReputationRep:
    Old people always moan saying the 'youth this' and the 'youth that' but they are so ignorant. I swear they walk so slow and take up the whole pavement so I have to walk on the road to get past, which isn't a problem but then they say something like 'oh that's reckless'. I just feel like turning around and going :mfing: but I'm well brought up so I keep it to myself.

Also, whenever I hold open a door they never say thanks and the same goes for narrow bit's of pavement. E.g. When they do pavement works and you have to walk in the new designated area it's usually only wide enough for one person. I let the old person walk past me so that they don't have any problems getting past and they just look at me as if i'm going to mug them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    complaint to who?
    Her supervisor I guess? I am quite stubborn about these things, I never back down if I wasn't in the wrong myself. Failing that, stand there and ask them to call the police. Most people would probably drop it, but I don't like being a wuss .

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.