Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

old people have no respect for us... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comp_Genius)
    Her supervisor I guess? I am quite stubborn about these things, I never back down if I wasn't in the wrong myself. Failing that, stand there and ask them to call the police. Most people would probably drop it, but I don't like being a wuss .
    lol more balls than me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    lol more balls than me
    I am a wuss when it comes to being physically threatened. However if I know they can't or won't assault me, then I can be a very difficult person. Normally I just want to get on with my own business...

It takes time - but I think your personality isn't necessarily bad - it means you don't get in trouble or arguments as often as I do. Peace is a good thing, I guess, not least for your mind if not for others.

ReputationRep:
    Que?

A single person pushing in front of you in a queue doesn't mean all old people lack respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    Que?

A single person pushing in front of you in a queue doesn't mean all old people lack respect.
    But imagine a world where it did...

Though, we'd probably get used to it after a while

ReputationRep:
    I see what you mean. I was in a rush one time and I accidently bumped into this old man. I apologised and he said 'Oh *** off'. I just thought 'Whoa, that wasn't necessary'.

Another time a man ran over my foot with his wheelchair. It hurt like hell and he just went 'Then get out of the way!' LOL honestly...they can be mean .

ReputationRep:
    The thing that really annoys me about old people is that they demand respect without giving us any, think we are all about to hit them on the head and steal their handbag/wallet without knowing anything (massive generalisation) and then getting annoyed when we stereotype them (like when you sit next to an old person on the bus, they give you this horrible look while stinking of piss and biscuits)

Most of the time i get really annoyed by old people pushing in. If they have just got to the bus stop and i'm the last person to get on the bus i'll more often than not let them on infront of me anyway so i dont see the need for pushing in. The other thing is when you get on a bus and sit down leaving the sppace next to you old people refuse to sit there because they think you are some form of devil or something and get annoyed at you if its the last space, and then have the cheek if it isn't to put all their shopping on the seat next to them and act as though they aren't causing a problem.

Having said that i'm sure lots of old people are lovely, even if they do constantly tell you about what they fed their cats that morning.

ReputationRep:
    I boarded a bus and sat down in one of the priority seats at the front, as I was sitting there in the almost empty bus I see an old woman, run down the road about 100m to catch the bus on time. She purchased her ticket and moved over to where i was sitting and said 'excuse me'...yes thats right this old woman who was fully capable of running did not think she could make it the 3 extra steps to the seat behind me, if she was on a walking sitck or shuffled I would have happily moved, I refused so she walked to the very back of the bus and sat down.

Some old people take the piss quite frankly.

ReputationRep:
    Most are really nice i agree. But there are some right *******s! I remember when I was like 15, was walking down the street just finished a sandwitch and put the empty wrapper in a wheely bin that i was walking past instead of throwing it on the floor. An old woman came out the house and shouted at me telling me to remove it. Was like, wtf do you want me to just throw it on the floor? It's not as if it's going to kill you! I work all day for old people and I can guarantee you it's 50/50 on the nice/ungrateful people. Most are lovely and so glad that your helping them. The other 50% just take the piss and want everything for free and everything done now now now and don't care if there's other people who are in the same position as they are!

/endrant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkness and Mist)
    I boarded a bus and sat down in one of the priority seats at the front, as I was sitting there in the almost empty bus I see an old woman, run down the road about 100m to catch the bus on time. She purchased her ticket and moved over to where i was sitting and said 'excuse me'...yes thats right this old woman who was fully capable of running did not think she could make it the 3 extra steps to the seat behind me, if she was on a walking sitck or shuffled I would have happily moved, I refused so she walked to the very back of the bus and sat down.

Some old people take the piss quite frankly.
    Similar thing happen to me, i nabbed a priority seat at the front as i had a fractured ankle at the time so i had to drag about a hulking cast. I had my head in a book so i didn't notice some old lady shuffling towards me who then jabbed me in the arm and asked for the seat. I just ignored her and she stood there for 2 minutes waiting for me to budge, which i didn't. She complained to the bus driver who looked at me then turned to laugh and told the lady there was plenty of other seats, she then grumbled and swore at me as she went to the back.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Comp_Genius)
    Her supervisor I guess? I am quite stubborn about these things, I never back down if I wasn't in the wrong myself. Failing that, stand there and ask them to call the police. Most people would probably drop it, but I don't like being a wuss .
    In such a situation if I were working there and a customer wanted to call the police because they'd been pushed in front of and treated rudely by staff, I'd let them phone the police :p: In fact, I'd encourage them to... they'd just make a fool out of themself.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the elderly tend to think that the earth revolves around them and that all society should bow before them and put them first. Respect is earnt not demanded.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yeah old people are rude. I was waiting for a space to clear so I could move down a bus, but an old woman and an old man both shoved me out the way to get to a spare seat (in the old people/disabled seats), without saying 'excuse me'.

Manners are important. I HATE it when you hold open a door for people or let them get on the bus before you and they don't say thank you. Old people don't seem to, they just seem to expect it.

ReputationRep:
    What really used to annoy me was when I was getting the bus back from college. I sat next to some old bloke, which was the last seat on the bus, whilst a load of other students also got on. He then started ranting at me about how we should be getting on our own buses, and how it's disgraceful the way we rely on it so much... I live an hour and a half's bus journey away. And they're just as much our buses! Arrrgh!

Oh, and even better, an old bloke who lived on the road behind college sent a letter to the head - I'm the student governor so I had to come up with the response - saying how we were all lazy, drugged up lunatics. I invited him in to talk to our Oxbridge candidates, and see how we operated to disprove it, and he refused, oddly enough...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by MSB)
    Que?
    that made my day, I was just going to comment on the que myself, but you did it so much better with manuel :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    I find that the rude people are mostly middle aged women.. I've had plenty of experiences with them. I hate how they expect you to kiss the floor they walk on and give them respect without giving any back, I'm sorry but if somebody wants respect they have to give me respect, it's a two way street.

But older people in general tend to get on well with me for some reason... perhaps because I'm 20 and don't look like a mug.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    In such a situation if I were working there and a customer wanted to call the police because they'd been pushed in front of and treated rudely by staff, I'd let them phone the police :p: In fact, I'd encourage them to... they'd just make a fool out of themself.
    Sure, so would I. But I was talking about letting the staff call them .

ReputationRep:
    I normally love old people (it proper makes me sad when I see them shuffle down the street on their own!!) but I was at the bus stop once and the old woman behind me was talking to her friend about Teenagers (you can hear the capital T when they say it, like it's a disease or something!) and then as soon as the bus came, she pushed past everyone and jumped on!! Pfff

ReputationRep:
    I just prefer that they go first - it get rids of them quicker.
    I just mean, their smell is extreme, either like a fragrant bowl of potpourri or like dying skin cells. I'm not a gambler.
    =[

ReputationRep:
    Old people suck. I fully support a Logan's Run style society, perhaps with the age raised to 60 instead of 30.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy walking rapidly pushing our two girl's pram. It's a double-decker affair, and has three wheels so is absolutely perfect for ploughing through a crowd of ambling slow-coaches...

As to buses, I don't think I've been on a bus in at least five years now. They do largely seem to be used only by the very young (12-25), and the very old, oh and those that don't have access to a Tube Station. A rather London-centric observation, but quite frankly I consider buses to be an awful mode of transport, they are never on time, then you get three all at once, and even if they are running on time they turn a five minute car journey into a 45 minute nightmare...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.