Turn on thread page Beta

old people have no respect for us... watch

ReputationRep:
    for me is that my parents always told me to repect my elders. Sometimes a pain because there are times when I am so tired and when i get a seat on the bus, I would have to get off because a old person has come on board. But its always made up when they say thank you.

ReputationRep:
    My brother, parents and I were walking down the road and an old lady in a motorised wheelchair came up behind us. My dad [who was behind] told my mum to move over, so she did, and the old lady came zooming past us - faster than she should've been - and didn't say thank you. She then proceeded to dash across the street in front of a car and almost knock someone out going round a corner.

The funniest bit was when this man who was walking towards us - older than the woman was - said something like, "what a cheek!" to us.

I work as a waitress and most of our customers are old people. I find that while you get lovely old men and women, the women are more likely to be the ones who complain/push past/don't thank you.

ReputationRep:
    from what i see (and this is a gross generalisation btw) there are 2 types of old people. Those who embrace the youth, and who if you speak to them will be delighted to speak back. And those who see young people and think "i wonder what those young brats have stolen today"
    i tend to prefer the previous.
    spot on!

whenever im queing for a bus i always let old people on first even if ive been there longer, most will smile and say thanks, some will even insist i get on first. But the other day in the bus station just as i was about to step back for this old woman she grabs her mate by the wrist and barges right in front of me and the very loudly goes "ooo quick lets got on first because none of these young folk will think to let us on, disrrespectful they are!" I WAS THERE FIRST AND THEY GET ON FOR F***ING FREE AND I WAS GOING TO LET HER ON ANYWAY! grrrr they dont half wind me up.

and its not fair, cause theres so many lovely old people out there, like my grandma!

ReputationRep:
    You should've told the women that you're feeling sick. They would probably have been nicer to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gap)
    Similar thing happen to me, i nabbed a priority seat at the front as i had a fractured ankle at the time so i had to drag about a hulking cast. I had my head in a book so i didn't notice some old lady shuffling towards me who then jabbed me in the arm and asked for the seat. I just ignored her and she stood there for 2 minutes waiting for me to budge, which i didn't. She complained to the bus driver who looked at me then turned to laugh and told the lady there was plenty of other seats, she then grumbled and swore at me as she went to the back.
    WIN!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)
    You should've told the women that you're feeling sick. They would probably have been nicer to you.
    I dont think so

ReputationRep:
    I think that sometimes we should have a sympathy for the old. They are weak, sometimes disabled and from my own experience, most of them feel that they are some kind of an outcast of the society where young people can do whatever they want while they can't. I mean, if you can dismiss the old's weird behaviors, just do it. Shouldn't waste time thinking whether it is necessary to do so.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.