Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been back from uni for about 6 weeks and have seen my bf for about 4 days in that time, when he came to visit, cos he lives in my uni town.
    I went to the cinema and for some drinks with my mate today, and I can't tell if I am starting to like my mate, or whether I am just dying for some male attention cos I miss my bf so much.
    It's playing on my mind now, and making me feel guilty, even thought I didn't act on these feelings.
    What do people think? I don't even know if this can be solved with advice. I just feel a bit weird now.

ReputationRep:
    Um, more info needed.
    How long you been with your current bf? How much do you like him? Do you want to see him more if you can?

How much do you like this other guy? Is it sexual attraction?

Etc!

ReputationRep:
    OOOO- be careful now

ReputationRep:
    Feelings between friends grow. That's only natural. I would expect your boyfriend to have felt similar as well. If the feelings linger for months then there is a problem. Otherwise there is nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously we can't say too much cos we don't know specific details...

But you need to meet up with your boyfriend and see how you feel when you see him, excited/ not excited etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Um, more info needed.
    How long you been with your current bf? How much do you like him? Do you want to see him more if you can?

How much do you like this other guy? Is it sexual attraction?

Etc!
    Me and him been together about 6 months now, i like him loads i do want to see him more but we both have jobs and neither of us can drive, which sucks cos the uni is in the middle of the sticks.

The other guy is attractive and quite manly, but have only ever thought of him as a friend, cos i've always been with a guy since being mates with him. I don't know whether it was sexual attraction, i don't think he was giving any signs out to me.

I know it sounds crude but I just really really wanted some kind of attention, from a guy, but couldn;t tell if it was just hormones or whatnot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindrop87)
    Me and him been together about 6 months now, i like him loads i do want to see him more but we both have jobs and neither of us can drive, which sucks cos the uni is in the middle of the sticks.

The other guy is attractive and quite manly, but have only ever thought of him as a friend, cos i've always been with a guy since being mates with him. I don't know whether it was sexual attraction, i don't think he was giving any signs out to me.

I know it sounds crude but I just really really wanted some kind of attention, from a guy, but couldn;t tell if it was just hormones or whatnot.
    You need to try and detach yourself. See if you could actually SEE yourself with your mate. You might find you just like him, not LIKE him...if you get me lol

ReputationRep:
    Well if you like your current bf, then just make sure you don't put yourself in awkward situations with this mate - I'm not saying don't see this guy , but know what your limits are!!

ReputationRep:
    **** it. Men get stick for having suspicions of their girlfriends male friends. Everytime they get shot down as being insecure and what not. And then I see threads like this appear on TSR every week. Doesn't add up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EFG)
    **** it. Men get stick for having suspicions of their girlfriends male friends. Everytime they get shot down as being insecure and what not. And then I see threads like this appear on TSR every week. Doesn't add up...
    Yea but my thread isn't putting any blame on my mate. He literally has done nothing un-friend like.

ReputationRep:
    you can be friend with a male mate, there's nothing wrong with that. But you have to wonder if you're not waiting for something else from this friend. It's kinda normal you miss your bf and wanna get some attention. But beware and stick to the limits.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.