Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bit concerned about what happened at a club. Watch

I was in a club on Saturday night and can't remember much of the night, I was just concerned with one thing.

During the night a really small girl brushed up against me and I felt a sharp pain in my back exactly like the sharp pain of a needle.

My friends commented the next day that I'd been constantly dancing like I'd been on speed or something which I thought odd as I'd never taken anything and usually drink just makes me tired.

When I woke up in the morning I had a small blood stain about the size of 4 50p coins placed next to each other in a square.

I feel fine now, but I'm just concerned if I could of caught anything or whether or not indeed I'd been injected with something, I did remind me of an EpiPen the sharp pain I felt.

Or I could of been that I'd lent on a broken glass.

Any suggestions or help welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Go to a doctor, tell them that story, and they'll probably test you.

ReputationRep:
    i think you should go and get checked out just to be safe cause you never know

ReputationRep:
    Sounds weird, explain to the doctor and perhaps ask for a blood test? Best way to find out. x

ReputationRep:
    yeh go to the doctors. Better being safe just incase

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieloula)
    Sounds weird, explain to the doctor and perhaps ask for a blood test? Best way to find out. x
    THIS

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on, as if.

ReputationRep:
    Could be nothing, could be something. It can be difficult to make sense of a situation after alcohol, but either way, you need to be sure. Just go and see what the Dr suggests

ReputationRep:
    Does this really happen?

I thought it was just an old urban legend. Is there a note in your pocket saying 'Welcome to the world of AIDS'?

ReputationRep:
    As everyone else has said, better to be safe than sorry, go to the doctor and see what they have to say about it.

ReputationRep:
    Probably nothing at all. Getting drunk and waking up with injuries. Go to teh docs to mke sure if you want.

Its doubtful you caught anything. Most viruses dont live very long outside of the body despite what the Dettol advert says. The reason why IV drug users sometimes get infections is becuase they do it frequently thereby increasing the very small chance to a decent chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was in a club on Saturday night and can't remember much of the night, I was just concerned with one thing.

During the night a really small girl brushed up against me and I felt a sharp pain in my back exactly like the sharp pain of a needle.

My friends commented the next day that I'd been constantly dancing like I'd been on speed or something which I thought odd as I'd never taken anything and usually drink just makes me tired.

When I woke up in the morning I had a small blood stain about the size of 4 50p coins placed next to each other in a square.

I feel fine now, but I'm just concerned if I could of caught anything or whether or not indeed I'd been injected with something, I did remind me of an EpiPen the sharp pain I felt.

Or I could of been that I'd lent on a broken glass.

Any suggestions or help welcome.

Midgets these days... injecting people in the hope that they'll shrink.

So get checked out for Hepatitis? or Aids I suppose.

If I was an Epipen would the adrenaline in it explain my rather hyperactive and forgetful night?

I'm a big guy so it wouldn't affect me fatally.

But any ideas...

(Original post by JayB124)
    Probably nothing at all. Getting drunk and waking up with injuries. Go to teh docs to mke sure if you want.

Its doubtful you caught anything. Most viruses dont live very long outside of the body despite what the Dettol advert says. The reason why IV drug users sometimes get infections is becuase they do it frequently thereby increasing the very small chance to a decent chance.
    I wasn't that drunk at the time and I distinctly rather the sharp feeling in my lower back...

Then the night got messy from there on out....

So it's possible.

ReputationRep:
    I used to inject myself (no im not on crack) and when you inject you have to pinch the skin and it takes around 5 seconds well the way I did it. So it would mean that someone took quite a while to inject you and even though your reflex's wern't perfect you would have jumped away so I think it was just glass or maybe something on someones handbag - maybe a broked buckle that was sharp.

And as far as I know when you get searched if you have needles/ medication on you at a club you have to leave it somewhere usually with someone near the door but get checked out just in case.
    I'm sure you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    no-way did anyone inject you with anything (why would they give away drugs for free)

secondly, if you were injected ,you'd know it

And if you were on drugs you'd know it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I wasn't that drunk at the time and I distinctly rather the sharp feeling in my lower back...

Then the night got messy from there on out....

So it's possible.
    Well if you think about it, you were drunk enough not to question being stabbed in a nightclub.

I think the most likely events were that she scratched you with a bracelet and you had a heavy night. It's very unlikely to bleed that long after (or that amount) from an injection unless there is a pre-existing condition - especially as I'd assume the needle would haev had to pierce your shirt first. The two incidents are likely to be unrelated.

It seems rather redundant pumping someone with adrenaline. Make yuor heart beat faster and stuff but shouldn't make you act any different.

Never the less there is no harm in being certain. Well unless you catch swine flu in the waiting room.

ReputationRep:
    i'm never going clubbing again.

id defo go to the docs. theres been an increase in midget ninjas/assassins targeting club-goers and poisoning them with aids.

ReputationRep:
    The best thing you can do is see your gp. They can test you for diseases transmitted from needles. It's procedure for paramedics and police officers to get tested just in case, so you should do the same. They might give you a tetanus booster as well if it was something sharp like a needle

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.