Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Gig clash dilemma!

Double-booking dilemma here.

In like.. March I booked tickets to go and see The Cribs at Manc Apollo on the Friday 2nd October. Now, the Cribs are one of my favouritest bands ever as you probably are all well aware of. This would be my 22nd time seeing them. New album wouldve just come out so lots of new stuff to be liking. I'm also seeing them the week before in Cambridge.

Recently, one of my other favourite bands (and poss my fave band at the momento) - Little Man Tate - announced they are splitting up. Booooo. I actually did a little tear :o: but they have a farewell gig on Saturday 3rd October in Sheffield. I've got my tickets for this and I'm sad, but looking forward to one final blow-out with them.

NOW. Here's the problem.

LMT have just announced another date at Sheff Academy on, yep, you guessed it - October 2nd

I don't know what to do! Logistically, it's easier to get to Manc Apollo than it is to Sheffield Academy, as I will be living in Manchester at that point. I've already got tickets to the Cribs date. I will already be seeing both bands at another point on their tours. But.. LMT will be gone after these two dates I do loveee the Cribs but LMT are my band of the moment.

I'm literally split in the middle, I've got NO idea what to do!
    (A friend will be coming with me wherever so I've got to take her into account! She'll be up for the week for Cribs/LMT/Maccabees but I dunno what to dooooo!)

Assist??

(PS it's not about what band you prefer or how much you hate one or t'other - substitute The Cribs/LMT for any band you prefer but keep the sitch the same!)

ReputationRep:
    Er, go to The Cribs on the 2nd and Little Man Tate on the 3rd? Doesn't seem that hard.

Didn't know Little Man Tate were splitting up. One less ****** indie band around then.

ReputationRep:
    THe problem here lies in that I'm not sure WHERE I'd rather be on the 2nd - The Cribs, or LMT.

Currently considering getting tickets for LMT on the 2nd, and swapping the Cribs 2nd tickets for Cribs Leeds 4th tickets. This could be a nice plan. Might be quite hard to pull off though.

ReputationRep:
    Still doesn't seem like much of a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Where's the problem?

ReputationRep:
    I don't like either of them but it seems like LMT will stick in your mind as the gig you missed out on. In a years time you wouldn't care that you missed out on a cribs gig if they are still around.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.