Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rapes by children under spotlight watch

• View Poll Results: How did it make you feel?
    Disgusted
    68.66%
    Didn't bother you
    19.40%
    Happy :s
    11.94%

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8156610.stm

This is shocking, I'm lost for words. I think that this is so disgusting, read and tell me what you think about it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It's disgusting. But that's also because the law is pants as opposed to anything else.

ReputationRep:
    Wait... what? This is.. pretty bad.

ReputationRep:
    Depends... were they actual rapes or bs stuff like sexting and statuatory rape between two people JUST far enough apart in age for it to be illegal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    Depends... were they actual rapes or bs stuff like sexting and statuatory rape between two people JUST far enough apart in age for it to be illegal?
    The story mentions 8,9 and 10 year olds. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the parents of these young offenders can put their children on drugs which um.. whats the best phrase? Calms them down maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Rape is rape regardless of age.

ReputationRep:
    Arousing stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel4fun4u)
    Arousing stuff.
    I know that was probably meant to be funny, but it's really not

ReputationRep:
    That should say 'children and teenagers' rather than 'children'. Not many of them were actual children.

Anyway. Teenagers commit rape? I had no idea :rolleyes:. 500 'charges' in 5 years is WAY low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    That should say 'children and teenagers' rather than 'children'. Not many of them were actual children.

Anyway. Teenagers commit rape? I had no idea :rolleyes:. 500 'charges' in 5 years is WAY low.
    Children and teenages are the same thing. If your not an adult you're considered a minor, in other words a child.

It's not just that teenages are committing rape it's the fact that there are 8,9 and 10 year olds doing it. EIGHT for God's sake, when I was 8 I liked pokemon. I didn't think to myself 'oh lets go out and rape someone' heck I didn't know what rape was at eight.

The 500 charges is just for Scotland, that's 100 a year committed by just children 'and teens'. You're saying that's low?

How many people do you know between the age of 8-16 that go out raping people?

500 rapes = at least 500 destroyed lives

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Children and teenages are the same thing. If your not an adult you're considered a minor, in other words a child.

It's not just that teenages are committing rape it's the fact that there are 8,9 and 10 year olds doing it. EIGHT for God's sake, when I was 8 I liked pokemone. I didn't think to myself 'oh lets go out and rape someone' heck I didn't know what rape was at eight.
    In this context teenagers and children are completely different things. I am shocked by the fact that 8/9/10 are committing rape. I'm not shocked by 'under 18s' committing rape. There is a massive difference between actual little kids committing sex crimes and sexually mature 'children' committing sex crimes.

How many people do you know between the age of 8-16 that go out raping people?
    That depends how you define 'know'.

500 rapes = at least 500 destroyed lives you heartless person.
    I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    In this context teenagers and children are completely different things. I am shocked by the fact that 8/9/10 are committing rape. I'm not shocked by 'under 18s' committing rape. There is a massive difference between actual little kids committing sex crimes and sexually mature 'children' committing sex crimes.

That depends how you define 'know'.

I know.

How many people who you would consider friends have you known to rape?

Also the heartless comment was a bit harsh so sorry for that. You just seemed ignorant at the time.

ReputationRep:
    its horrific but im not surprised (theres very little in this country that does that now im sorry to say)

when my gf was in her last year of school there were three separate criminal investigations on for pupils raping pupils on school grounds

ReputationRep:
    This merely highlights one of the big problems with local government and a multi-tiered system of governance. If it were even the Scottish Parliament's responsibility to provide care and treatment for these obviously abused child sex offenders, then it would probably have been sorted out long ago. But because it falls down to local councils, whenever a budget gets squeezed this sort of thing is the first to go, and unless there has been a murder by one of these people in the news leading up to a council election, it's unlikely to change...

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how many of the young kids have had those BS charges for like being drunk and having a piss in the street. Seriously if a policeman and a judge can't tell the difference between wasted guy with penis out because he's having a piss in the street or even just pulling it out to wave at someone because he is totally off his face and SEX OFFENDER!! then.....wtf is going on with our education/common sense. I mean some people do stupid things, especially when drunk, but public indecency shouldn't make you a sex offender if it's one time and your not being creepy.

I think it's worse in America then here though for giving harsh sentences for minor behaviour.

Also what happens if your 17 and you have sex with a 15 yr old? Because if you get on the list for that it's kinda dumb, I mean that could be yr Y12 and Yr11 if the younger ones has a late july bday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    The story mentions 8,9 and 10 year olds. What do you think?
    19 out of the 500 cases.

ReputationRep:
    This is totally shocking, the part about the 4 year old nearly made me cry. How on earth do children that young learn this behaviour, I can only imagine they are victims of child abuse and go on to attempt assault on others. They has been an increase in crime levels amongst chidren under the legal age of responsibility, I think it needs to be lowered.

ReputationRep:
    I think the whole "children who abuse have been abused themselves" is no excuse. Children may seem more vulnerable and receive more sympathy than a 40 year old rapist, but at the end of the day they've ruined someone's life... And they deserve a lifetime behind bars as far as I'm concerned. And of course they're going to reoffend...

I'd appreciate whoever negged me to leave a name. My comment may sound moronic to some, but they have obviously never known anyone who is a rape victim, who self harms and has attemted suicide several times as a result. If you knew someone who has been raped, you'd want the rapist to get everything they deserved too. It's something I feel strongly about and I'm sorry if that offends others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostdoll)
    I think the whole "children who abuse have been abused themselves" is no excuse. Children may seem more vulnerable and receive more sympathy than a 40 year old rapist, but at the end of the day they've ruined someone's life... And they deserve a lifetime behind bars as far as I'm concerned. And of course they're going to reoffend...

I'd appreciate whoever negged me to leave a name. My comment may sound moronic to some, but they have obviously never known anyone who is a rape victim, who self harms and has attemted suicide several times as a result. If you knew someone who has been raped, you'd want the rapist to get everything they deserved too. It's something I feel strongly about and I'm sorry if that offends others.
    i seriously doubta 4 year old knows what hes doing, hes probably been abused himself and if he hasnt he was just doing something he didnt understand. and the samecan be said for 8 and 9 year olds. they should be given help so they dont commt these crimes, especially before they reach maturity. so you think a 8 year old whos been sexually abused, doesnt understand sex but think rape is normal behaviour should be locked up for life, if they are so mentally damaged they attack someone else, at the age of 8??

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.