Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rapes by children under spotlight Watch

• View Poll Results: How did it make you feel?
    Disgusted
    68.66%
    Didn't bother you
    19.40%
    Happy :s
    11.94%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostdoll)
    I think the whole "children who abuse have been abused themselves" is no excuse. Children may seem more vulnerable and receive more sympathy than a 40 year old rapist, but at the end of the day they've ruined someone's life... And they deserve a lifetime behind bars as far as I'm concerned. And of course they're going to reoffend...

I'd appreciate whoever negged me to leave a name. My comment may sound moronic to some, but they have obviously never known anyone who is a rape victim, who self harms and has attemted suicide several times as a result. If you knew someone who has been raped, you'd want the rapist to get everything they deserved too. It's something I feel strongly about and I'm sorry if that offends others.
    I can understand what you mean about the child abuse aspect, in my first post I meant children often immitate learnt behaviour so that may be a reason for them committing the crime. I do not believe they should go unpunished, but I also think counselling and a lot of help will show these individuals why there actions were wrong.

I do unfortunately know a few rape victims it is a totally barbaric crime which ruins the victims life and their families. It isn't something you can ever forget, in time you may not think about it as often but it will still affect you.

ps I didn't neg rep your comment in case you were wondering your post wasn't offensive and everyone is entitled to their opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freeuser)
    i seriously doubta 4 year old knows what hes doing, hes probably been abused himself and if he hasnt he was just doing something he didnt understand. and the samecan be said for 8 and 9 year olds. they should be given help so they dont commt these crimes, especially before they reach maturity. so you think a 8 year old whos been sexually abused, doesnt understand sex but think rape is normal behaviour should be locked up for life, if they are so mentally damaged they attack someone else, at the age of 8??
    I wasn't really referring to a 4 year old, more 8+. I suppose it could be easier to help a rapist when they are younger and more impressionable, but I'm not entirely sure. I think if someone has been sexually abused it stays with them for a very long time (I may be wrong) and that goes for the offending youth rapist too. I understand what you are saying, but it's hard to have any sympathy even for a child, if they have raped someone else when you know the suffering of the rape victim. 40 year old rapists were children once too, and may have been abused children once...it doesn't mean I'm going to change my mind about them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelG)
    19 out of the 500 cases.
    Yes, that is still 19 people. Plus what about the ones who haven't been caught?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    I wonder how many of the young kids have had those BS charges for like being drunk and having a piss in the street. Seriously if a policeman and a judge can't tell the difference between wasted guy with penis out because he's having a piss in the street or even just pulling it out to wave at someone because he is totally off his face and SEX OFFENDER!! then.....wtf is going on with our education/common sense. I mean some people do stupid things, especially when drunk, but public indecency shouldn't make you a sex offender if it's one time and your not being creepy.

I think it's worse in America then here though for giving harsh sentences for minor behaviour.

Also what happens if your 17 and you have sex with a 15 yr old? Because if you get on the list for that it's kinda dumb, I mean that could be yr Y12 and Yr11 if the younger ones has a late july bday.
    Why would I have sex with a 15 year old, that's not something up my street.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freeuser)
    i seriously doubta 4 year old knows what hes doing, hes probably been abused himself and if he hasnt he was just doing something he didnt understand. and the samecan be said for 8 and 9 year olds. they should be given help so they dont commt these crimes, especially before they reach maturity. so you think a 8 year old whos been sexually abused, doesnt understand sex but think rape is normal behaviour should be locked up for life, if they are so mentally damaged they attack someone else, at the age of 8??

Stop focusing on the 20 that werent teenagers, most of them were sexually mature teenagers, who if they are old enough to rape deserve the consequences of raping somebody. Apart from the few exceptional cases (8 yr olds) most of them should be locked away for a very long time if not their entire lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    Depends... were they actual rapes or bs stuff like sexting and statuatory rape between two people JUST far enough apart in age for it to be illegal?
    It says: "The figure excludes cases of consensual underage sex", so I think it means actual rape cases

ReputationRep:
    can 8 year olds even commit rape???

and how can a 4 yr old boy be reported for sexual assault...in what way? touching up another 4 year old? im sorry, thats curiousity and every kid does it pretty much...and hold on, why didnt the mother/s interrupt before he got to the stage of actually "sexually assaulting" the other child???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Why would I have sex with a 15 year old, that's not something up my street.
    huh?

I was just saying it's an example of a scenario I think is unfair. As in if someone in who is 17 and someone who is 15 have sex then the 17 yr old may count as a sex offender. Even if the girl was almost 16 and he'd barely turned 17, it's like a yr 10 going out with a yr 9, yr 12 going out with yr 11, etc.

ReputationRep:
    huh?

I was just saying it's an example of a scenario I think is unfair. As in if someone in who is 17 and someone who is 15 have sex then the 17 yr old may count as a sex offender. Even if the girl was almost 16 and he'd barely turned 17, it's like a yr 10 going out with a yr 9, yr 12 going out with yr 11, etc.
    No it's not, yr 12 n yr 11 is more acceptable because they have both developed more.

ReputationRep:
    In other news, 1,100,000 Scots under the age of 18 not raping.

Although that headline doesn't satisfy our longing for drama as much as '500 raping'. Maybe if the headline was '0.00045% of Scots under the age of 18 raped' people wouldn't cause such a fuss. And over a period of 5 years?

TBH, this is complete unshocking.

ReputationRep:
    No it's not, yr 12 n yr 11 is more acceptable because they have both developed more.
    well 15 and 17 is yr 11 and yr 12.

I think it's unfair if the yr 12 was a guy and got done for that. Also I bet if the girl was the older one people wouldn't care.

ReputationRep:
    umm
    thats disgusting...a 4 year old?

where were the parents when all this was happening? when i was 4 i wasnt allowed to go out alone past the end of my street and this 4 year old raped someone?!?

and the 8/9/10 year olds...i dont think they understand what theyve done to that person but its really disgusting how theyve managed to destroyy a life and not even know about it. Its likely they'll forget about it i a couple of years which is even worse. They need some counselling

ReputationRep:
    well 15 and 17 is yr 11 and yr 12.

I think it's unfair if the yr 12 was a guy and got done for that. Also I bet if the girl was the older one people wouldn't care.
    Does anyone actually get done for that though? If it's consensual then they don't usually do anything or at least I don't hear about it in the news.

Usually is in italics because they may do, I don't know if they have though.

ReputationRep:
    Not shocking really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel4fun4u)
    Arousing stuff.
    Sick and funny

ReputationRep:
    hahaha.

rape is faaar too strong a word to use here. It's only used I think because its just correct terming. When its used here, the context its in isn't taken into account.

I remember reading Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson, him and his friends used to touch up this other small girl when they were children in return for bits of food. Neither party felt anything was wrong with it. hell there wasn't. It's children exploring.

Maybe I've missed something, but all I'm saying society has changed for the worse and people overreact.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone actually get done for that though? If it's consensual then they don't usually do anything or at least I don't hear about it in the news.

Usually is in italics because they may do, I don't know if they have though.
    I think it's really rare but you know if the parents of the younger girl made a fuss or something even though it was consensual.

I think it happens in America more though, like 18 year old guys getting in deep trouble with the law if they have a 16-17 yr old girl friend and the parents of the younger girl report him(say their religious and don't approve so even though it's consensual they get police involved).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caze)
    hahaha.

rape is faaar too strong a word to use here. It's only used I think because its just correct terming. When its used here, the context its in isn't taken into account.

I remember reading Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson, him and his friends used to touch up this other small girl when they were children in return for bits of food. Neither party felt anything was wrong with it. hell there wasn't. It's children exploring.

Maybe I've missed something, but all I'm saying society has changed for the worse and people overreact.
    You do make a valid point there, I never thought about that.

ReputationRep:
    I think some people are confusing actual statutory rape with other types of sexual abuse, hence the "OMG A 4 YEAR OLD RAPED SOMEONE" comments. Hurr Durr

ReputationRep:
    I think it's really rare but you know if the parents of the younger girl made a fuss or something even though it was consensual.

I think it happens in America more though, like 18 year old guys getting in deep trouble with the law if they have a 16-17 yr old girl friend and the parents of the younger girl report him(say their religious and don't approve so even though it's consensual they get police involved).
    Oh, thanks for clearing that up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.