Turn on thread page Beta

Rapes by children under spotlight watch

• View Poll Results: How did it make you feel?
    Disgusted
    68.66%
    Didn't bother you
    19.40%
    Happy :s
    11.94%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostdoll)
    I wasn't really referring to a 4 year old, more 8+. I suppose it could be easier to help a rapist when they are younger and more impressionable, but I'm not entirely sure. I think if someone has been sexually abused it stays with them for a very long time (I may be wrong) and that goes for the offending youth rapist too. I understand what you are saying, but it's hard to have any sympathy even for a child, if they have raped someone else when you know the suffering of the rape victim. 40 year old rapists were children once too, and may have been abused children once...it doesn't mean I'm going to change my mind about them.
    the difference between an 8 year old rape victim and a 40 year old rape victim is that a 40 year old is an adult, has matured sexually, and knows what rape is. that is why an adult should be punished whereas a child should be given psychiatric help. a child would simply be acting out learnt behaviour, just like how a child learns how to behave from adults, their parents etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    How many people who you would consider friends have you known to rape?

Also the heartless comment was a bit harsh so sorry for that. You just seemed ignorant at the time.
    I think you misunderstood me (or I worded my reply terribly). I wasn't trying to say that 500 was low and that it therefore didn't matter, I was saying that that number doesn't surprise me (since the vast majority are teenagers and not little kids).

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.