Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey guys just a quick question. i intend to take a gap year, and during that year id like to get a job (which seems impossible right now), and also to take up one a level and try to complete it in an year. my subjects are law economics and maths, but im 100% sure my maths grade hasn't come had great, and even if i was accepted through clearing i wouldn't want to stick to a grade with which im not entirely happy with, nor do i want to retake it as its proven that im not any good at it! i was thinking to self teach psychology a level in one yr, which could be replaced by the maths subject as i'd prefer not keep that grade, and just wanted to ask if you know anyone who has achieved something like that with a decent grade, and just how tough is psychology/able to self teach? any advice would be great. thanks xxx

ReputationRep:
    I've just had to do an A level in one year, did sociology though. Got an A at AS and just waiting on A2 result now! Tbh, I didn't find it bad at all! I just bought the revision guide and did notes from it, then sat exams as a private candidate! Don't know if you'd want to do sociology but it's a pretty easy A level to get, imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4_sophia)
    I've just had to do an A level in one year, did sociology though. Got an A at AS and just waiting on A2 result now! Tbh, I didn't find it bad at all! I just bought the revision guide and did notes from it, then sat exams as a private candidate! Don't know if you'd want to do sociology but it's a pretty easy A level to get, imo.
    Which exam board were you on? Hmm, I considered but the syllabus seemed a bit boring, then again most of them do :P would you recommend it for the A2 part, as I heard that Psychology is really difficult then! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lalala_91)
    Which exam board were you on? Hmm, I considered but the syllabus seemed a bit boring, then again most of them do :P would you recommend it for the A2 part, as I heard that Psychology is really difficult then! xx
    Oh and also, is it a good idea to start doing some work in about a weeks time or something? Or is that just lame? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    AQA old spec. Yea it was pretty boring but not too much to do to learn in one year. I think there's a couple of sections that cross over with the psychology as well! Don't wana sound too confident, cos I've not got A2 results yet, but I thought it was OK! Literally it's just a case of learning different different case studies and sociology theorist guys! I've heard psychology is meant to be waaaaaay more difficult than sociology. Btw, I attempted maths last yeae and it is soooo hard!!!! I only lasted at subject for 1 month and couldn't get it at all! Went straight over my head!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how ur planning to do it but I sat all AS exams in Jan and all A2s in June. I didn't start revising for Jan exams till after xmas!!! You know what it's like, you keep sayingg to yourself, oh I'll start tomorrow, and then you never do! I did start panicking though! I'd say start revising about a month before and you should be OK!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4_sophia)
    I don't know how ur planning to do it but I sat all AS exams in Jan and all A2s in June. I didn't start revising for Jan exams till after xmas!!! You know what it's like, you keep sayingg to yourself, oh I'll start tomorrow, and then you never do! I did start panicking though! I'd say start revising about a month before and you should be OK!
    I wish I did have a plan instead of feeling frustrated about it, but I figured the earlier I start the easier it will be? I sent you a message, whenever your free could you check your inbox please thanks for the advice xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.