Turn on thread page Beta

Really confused - why is he ignoring me?? watch

Right i'll try and summarise this as best as i can and keep it short because i know long reads are annoying.

Basically i liked a guy 2 years ago but he loved someone else, fair enough. I moved on and got a bf etc. We talked on msn fairly regularly though and from about half a year ago he started being ridiculously flirty with me (he is with everyone) and i just took it to mean nothing...bit of banter whatever. Anyway, i broke up with my boyfriend in march and from then he expressed a lot of interest in me which ended up with up getting together one night about two months ago (not sex just kissing etc although he did want me to come back to his but i said no).

Anyway, the next week he was kinda off with me all night which annoyed me because it was the last time id see him for two months (both goin on holidays) but then text me to appologise and said it was because it was too hard knowing he wasnt gonna see me for a while and that he loved me. Spoke to him a couple of times online after that and he was fine but then randomly he just completely started ignoring me and at the weekend when we were both back from holiday and at the pub at the same time he just completely ignored me altogether...I ignored him too because i wanted to see if he'd actually talk to me (turns out no :P).

He's never online anymore (well appears offline) so i sent him an email asking what i'd done wrong and why he was no longer interested in me but he hasn't replied even though he's been online.

I don't understand how someone can go from saying they really care about me and that they liked me for months to completely ignoring me a few days later...It's not like he was playing me and got what he wanted so is now no longer interested because i haven't had sex with him...

Any guys want to shed some light for me...:P

ReputationRep:
    If you see a ferrari on sale for 100,000 pounds ( You ) , and then later on see a ferrari for 1,000 pounds ( Another girl ) , you're going to go for the cheaper ferrari. In other wors he may have found someone he likes more than you , try ringing him ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's not like he was playing me and got what he wanted so is now no longer interested because i haven't had sex with him...

Any guys want to shed some light for me...:P
    Quite the contrary, as nice as he was, like all boys he thinks with his penis. His penis is saying he'll have a two month wait, so rather than waiting 2 months to try and have sex with someone (you) who rejected him it before, he's going to try it on with other girls which his penis thinks he has a better chance with getting sex. By ignoring you he feels less guilty if he does get it on with some other girl during the 2 months. I guess he doesn't respond well to not getting what he wants! my two cents.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it was that he was playing you and didn't get what he wanted so is now no longer interested because you haven't had sex with him?

I wouldn't waste your time on someone not mature enough to speak to you though! Even if he does start speaking to you again there's no guarantee he won't start ignoring you at a later date.

ReputationRep:
    Haha wow I read this post and it was as if I was reading about myself ...
    I have an extremely similar story: Liked the guy last year who lived about 3 hours away from me, had sth going on from like november to april and i fell for him, he stopped talking to me, i got a boyfriend, the guy found out i was coming to his town and started talking to me again after the summer and we talked so much we pretty much became best friends, he started flirting and i guess we flirted back and forth .. i broke up with my bf a couple of months after we started talking agan as i'd fallen for him all over again... (And also was an excuse for myself to get out of a boring relationship)
    However, he stopped talking to me after we slept together ... and this was maybe 3 months ago and we're spoken once since. What hurt the most was that we were so close and we talked about everything... and now all I think is that it was a ploy cause he wanted to get some, even though I talked to his best friend who said it wasnt like that.. ugh I dunno...
    I was just talking to my best friend about this yesterday and I've decided that I'm going to try and talk to him (if he doesnt ignore me) and ask wtf happened cause I need to move on ( Ihave a boyfriend now who means the world to me, but I still need to know so I can stop wondering and thinking about what I did/didn't do)
    Hopefully some guys will have a say on this.

Edit: Oh and the same as with you, he said he cared for me etc and we knew if we lived closer we would probably be together.. but yeah i dunno, I've moved on now, but I'd just like some answers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, we say stuff to get gash. Old news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaneCook)
    Yes, we say stuff to get gash. Old news.
    Would you keep saying things for 6 months not knowing whether you'll get some or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelG)
    Quite the contrary, as nice as he was, like all boys he thinks with his penis. His penis is saying he'll have a two month wait, so rather than waiting 2 months to try and have sex with someone (you) who rejected him it before, he's going to try it on with other girls which his penis thinks he has a better chance with getting sex. By ignoring you he feels less guilty if he does get it on with some other girl during the 2 months. I guess he doesn't respond well to not getting what he wants! my two cents.
    WOW that sounds precise!

Ok next time I have a boy related issue I will be talking to you. Actually that seems silly, its just that us girls tell each other stuff that's really flowery so that we don't hurt each others feelings. Straight to the point is always best.

ReputationRep:
    maybe he's found someone else?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know the exact reason but I'm betting it boils down to this, he is not really that interested. He might want to keep some diplomatic ties in case he thinks he might have a chance of some action later, but a man's not going to ignore you because he likes you, he ignores you because he wants you to not be a complicating part of his life at this point.
    Pressing him for answers will only make you more confused because if he wants to keep you as an option for the future he will have to leave you a few scraps that he might still be interested and just make a false excuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LottanPottan)
    Would you keep saying things for 6 months not knowing whether you'll get some or not?
    It's perfectly plausible. It doesn't take much effort to 'say things' to a girl... so you could behave the same way to numerous girls at a time, until one responds the way you'd like them to.
    Besides, some won't even question whether they'll get some or not and just keep thinking of when they get some, not if.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deanna19)
    WOW that sounds precise!

Ok next time I have a boy related issue I will be talking to you. Actually that seems silly, its just that us girls tell each other stuff that's really flowery so that we don't hurt each others feelings. Straight to the point is always best.
    its both a gift and a curse that i get straight to the point with most things :p:

don't take what i say to be the truth though, hes your friend and you're part of the situation. i'm just offering a possible explanation to help solve your confusion!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LottanPottan)
    Yeah I would. Takes little to no effort to keep saying nice things everyonce in a while. The occasional gesture maybe. Hardly any effort, and when it's done on a massive scale with a sizeable number of women, it really becomes a force of habit. There's always one that'll respond fabourably.

The above will probably make me seem a douche, but that's just how life is.

ReputationRep:
    its both a gift and a curse that i get straight to the point with most things :p:

don't take what i say to be the truth though, hes your friend and you're part of the situation. i'm just offering a possible explanation to help solve your confusion!
    He's my friend? Who's my friend? I'm not the OP

ReputationRep:
    may be he thinks u r ok with him.
    let him to know u can live without him.
    then u can see he will follow u.
    this is simple tricks what i use

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deanna19)
    He's my friend? Who's my friend? I'm not the OP
    lol i thought you were, i'm a fool!

ReputationRep:
    lol i thought you were, i'm a fool!
    lmao awkward

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.