1.40%
    9 or more Months into Relationship
    1.86%
    Have been in a Relationship, but haven't said "I love you"
    13.02%
    Never had a relationship
    16.28%

ReputationRep:
    When did you begin to say "I love you" to your partner?
    NOTE: RELATE TO YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP THAT YOU SAID I LOVE YOU!

ReputationRep:
    When you fall in love with them.

ReputationRep:
    When she started giving me head :yep:

When I knew I did. Which I must admit was quite early on in the relationship. I would vote but theres a stupid thing that won't go away over the top part of the poll so I can't vote

EDIT: This wasn't my first relationship I said it, this is the 1st one I said itand really really meant it, the other 2 relationships I'd said it before I was naiive

ReputationRep:
    when we ran out of every other discussion topic.

ReputationRep:
    About a month in... That was two years ago now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ken321)
    When did you begin to say "I love you" to your partner?
    NOTE: RELATE TO YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP THAT YOU SAID I LOVE YOU!
    I don't think you can put a time scale on it as it is whenever you feel it ... with my ex it was 6 months or something like that just cause I wasn't completely sure of my feelings for him but liked him.
    With the guy I am with now we were dating for like a month and a half & felt something pretty special and it was about 3 weeks after we started going out when we said it to eachother & we are still as happy as ever!

ReputationRep:
    I chose "Have been in a Relationship, but haven't said "I love you".

You said it when you feel it.

ReputationRep:
    When you are in love with them.

ReputationRep:
    I said it 3 months in, in reply to his... but looking back, I think I properly fell in love about 4, 5 months in.

I still can't find the point where it ceases being just really caring/liking someone, and being in love with them... for me, it seems to be just a gradual progression. Because infatuation can be just as intense as love.

ReputationRep:
    He said "I love you" really really early on into the relationship, like about 10 days in, but I didn't say it back straight away (I didn't want to lie to him, though I did really really like him). And then, after we'd spent a prolonged amount of time together, I said it back, and I'm very glad I was just honest with him.

ReputationRep:
    After one month???? wtf some people don't know what love is, i'm sure thier could be exceptions but one month is clearly not long enough.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    how can you think your in Love less than 6 months into a relationship?!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm the only 9 months or over it seems so far. It's laughable people who say they love each other after a month. It's like they've never had feelings for someone before and automatically assume this is love.

ReputationRep:
    5 months! Yes, I did work it out :p: It may seem too early but it felt right. Plus, we're still together a few years later!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    yeh, but a lot of people may have spent months or even years getting to know each other, so in that sense, a month is pretty reasonable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 19music4)
    yeh, but a lot of people may have spent months or even years getting to know each other, so in that sense, a month is pretty reasonable
    Quite true. The girl Im gonna say it to, I'll probably wait until between the 1st and 2nd month.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend and I said it to each other when we were drunk after about a month. He said it first when I had to take him home cos he was too drunk. I put him to bed and gave him a kiss and he sighed and went "love you" and I panicked and left the room. Then, about a week later when I was really drunk I laughed at him and said "you told me you loved me" and he said "well I do" dunno when I said it to him, probably that night to be honest, I was pretty drunk. But I'm not sure if I did, I just was experiencing feelings I'd never felt with anyone else.

Then a few month later in a restaurant I had a bit of a giggle fit and he said "I just realised there how much I love you"

(Original post by nouvelle_vague)
    My boyfriend and I said it to each other when we were drunk after about a month. He said it first when I had to take him home cos he was too drunk. I put him to bed and gave him a kiss and he sighed and went "love you" and I panicked and left the room. Then, about a week later when I was really drunk I laughed at him and said "you told me you loved me" and he said "well I do" dunno when I said it to him, probably that night to be honest, I was pretty drunk. But I'm not sure if I did, I just was experiencing feelings I'd never felt with anyone else.

Then a few month later in a restaurant I had a bit of a giggle fit and he said "I just realised there how much I love you"
    Well atleast you didn't plan a special night to say it or something :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    My parents got engaged after 3!

They've been married for 23 years next week :moon:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.