1.40%
    9 or more Months into Relationship
    1.86%
    Have been in a Relationship, but haven't said "I love you"
    13.02%
    Never had a relationship
    16.28%

ReputationRep:
    I fall in and out of love quickly so i don't give myself the chance to fall that deep.

ReputationRep:
    ok i do think saying it after a month is going a bit far- i'd been friends with/fancied my boyfriend for 4 months before we got together, and he'd felt the same way (took him a whiiiiiile and some pushing for him to actually ask me out as he's shy...), but even so, after being with him for a month i didn't really know how i felt about him, i just knew i liked where it was going...i said it after 3 months, which may have been a bit soon as i love him SO much more now so if i had waited it would have meant more to me, but it felt right so i went with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Well atleast you didn't plan a special night to say it or something :p:
    I'm not a good planner :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    how can you think your in Love less than 6 months into a relationship?!!

Errr quite easily. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably say it after 2 months

ReputationRep:
    Gah how about if you met someone randomly? would it still be 1 month?

(Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    My parents got engaged after 3!

They've been married for 23 years next week :moon:
    My bf proposed at 3 months. We are sort of engaged, I wouldn't say officially as neither of our parents know and we have only told select people. So its more of a promise. We do both have rings, which when we're not together we wear on out right hand.

I hope we turn out like your parents thats is quite an achievement in this day and age of constant marriage breakdowns

ReputationRep:
    My first 'relationship' doesnt count, so counting the one I'm in now, about 3 months in, just before we started having sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My bf proposed at 3 months. We are sort of engaged, I wouldn't say officially as neither of our parents know and we have only told select people. So its more of a promise. We do both have rings, which when we're not together we wear on out right hand.

I hope we turn out like your parents thats is quite an achievement in this day and age of constant marriage breakdowns
    I hope you llast long like them too :p:

I hope you llast long like them too :p:
    Thank you

We've been together for nearly 20 months so its still early days really.

I can't be bothered with anon coz I remembered that no-one I know uses this site anymore. I did it 1st time just in case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Thank you

We've been together for nearly 20 months so its still early days really.

I can't be bothered with anon coz I remembered that no-one I know uses this site anymore. I did it 1st time just in case
    My parents were going to get married after 9 months of knowing and being together! (as I said before, engaged after about 3!)
    They had to wait another year because my Mum's brother had his wedding that year and that month so she waited till her great auntie was coming over from America

But yeah, I think it's quite romantic with your and your partner so I wish you all the best

My parents were going to get married after 9 months of knowing and being together! (as I said before, engaged after about 3!)
    They had to wait another year because my Mum's brother had his wedding that year and that month so she waited till her great auntie was coming over from America

But yeah, I think it's quite romantic with your and your partner so I wish you all the best

Aww thats sweet. I bet that was worth the wait though . I'm glad they have been successful its not often you see that anymore

Thank you as well. I hope its all ok for us, we're not rushing into anything though as we have an 3-4year R to get through first. That will be the decider I think

Thank you again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    After one month???? wtf some people don't know what love is, i'm sure thier could be exceptions but one month is clearly not long enough.
    You could have been 'seeing' each other for a month or two? Or perhaps you've known each other for ages and liked each other but not taken it further?

ReputationRep:
    I think my boyfriend said it to me very early on in our relationship (like, first few weeks) and I said it to him too, but the love i feel for him now is way deeper than i felt for him to start with, and i feel like i mean it more when i say it now

ReputationRep:
    I think it was about 4 months in. He said it first though, I didn't say it back immediately, but a few days later, in front of our friends lol...

Been together over 2 and a half years now...scary.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno... didn't note it down or anything. Probably around the 3 or 4 month mark, maybe longer. Surprised at the poll results tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Oh deary me... my first relatonship i was very niave so i said it really fast.
    I actually cant remember saying it for the first time though... weird!
    Was definitely in the first month though - cringe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 19music4)
    yeh, but a lot of people may have spent months or even years getting to know each other, so in that sense, a month is pretty reasonable
    Your sig is immense!
    "my spoon is too big... I am a banana" :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    yesterday

ReputationRep:
    When Stone Cold says so...:cool:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.