8 Months into Relationship
    1.40%
    9 or more Months into Relationship
    1.86%
    Have been in a Relationship, but haven't said "I love you"
    13.02%
    Never had a relationship
    16.28%

i've been seeing my ex again for a few weeks, even though we'd been friends for the last year and close the last few months it's only recently we're "together" again. today i really wanted to blurt out that i loved him, but naturally i just held back- it's only a few weeks after all. it's strange knowing when to say things like that because its' been said before but now? god knows!

ReputationRep:
    How did you split up and how did you get back together?
    Why did you split up and why did you get back together?

ReputationRep:
    Around 6 months but I was wrong. I haven't been in love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    When she started giving me head :yep:

lmfao

but in all seriousness, naughty!!!!

it should be, when you realise that you are in love with them

ReputationRep:
    We confessed that we loved each other and then started a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapturedSoul)
    We confessed that we loved each other and then started a relationship.
    That's beautiful. Best wishes to your relationship!
    I sort of love someone, but she doesn't like dating. We're 17, yet she's never had a boyfriend.
    It's tough to get someone to love you back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    When you are in love with them.
    This

I've had a few relationships, never said "I love you" though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    This

I've had a few relationships, never said "I love you" though
    How long did they last? And who asked who?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ken321)
    How long did they last? And who asked who?
    The longest was just under a year, theres been a few ranging from that one to around 2 months

What do you mean who asked who? As in who asked who out? Mostly it was me asking her out, guys generally lead this sort of thing XD

I've never been asked out by a girl to be honest, I've had ones come up and talk to me etc but never ask me out

ReputationRep:
    I think 2 months in? He said it first and I said it when I was mega drunk, then I didnt say it for a while, when i decided it was love I was a bit scared and it came out as "I lush ooo". Been together over 2 years now We still "lush" each other

Ahh soppiness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ken321)
    That's beautiful. Best wishes to your relationship!
    I sort of love someone, but she doesn't like dating. We're 17, yet she's never had a boyfriend.
    It's tough to get someone to love you back
    Thank you, we said it very early on in our friendship (only after 3 weeks of non-stop talking) but we've been together for 22 months, it's not all bad. :P

And aww to your situation, but I wouldn't try to "get her to love you" if I were you. It's quite a heart-breaking thing to put up with, specially, especially if she doesn't want to go out with you.

ReputationRep:
    Just after she dumped me, and was walking away, i screamed it at her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaykiie)
    I think 2 months in? He said it first and I said it when I was mega drunk, then I didnt say it for a while, when i decided it was love I was a bit scared and it came out as "I lush ooo". Been together over 2 years now We still "lush" each other

Ahh soppiness
    Drunk love :rolleyes: . Hope you two are doing well

ReputationRep:
    After only a couple of months as we had been seeing each other for quite a few months before that and been friends for a year so were already very close. He didn't say it right away which I didn't mind as I would prefer that than someone saying it for the sake of it.

I knew then when he did say it he really meant it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapturedSoul)
    Thank you, we said it very early on in our friendship (only after 3 weeks of non-stop talking) but we've been together for 22 months, it's not all bad. :P

And aww to your situation, but I wouldn't try to "get her to love you" if I were you. It's quite a heart-breaking thing to put up with, specially, especially if she doesn't want to go out with you.
    Well I know she likes me, but I sort of get quiet around her, and she's flirtatious.
    The situation is weird all around, but I'm going to try to see if she'll take a chance with me for a relationship sometime.

ReputationRep:
    sober, at four months. he said it drunkenly quite a few times during the third month. we said I love you for the first time in bed on valentine's day - pretty cheesy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    sober, at four months. he said it drunkenly quite a few times during the third month. we said I love you for the first time in bed on valentine's day - pretty cheesy.
    Cheesy isn't bad .

ReputationRep:
    I want to, but I'm terrified to! :p:

ReputationRep:
    well, must have been about a month and a half in, but there is relevant context!!!

we'd been out before, about a year previously, and he'd sort of fell for me then, and i knew i liked him, and knew tht even if it didnt work now it would later, and i knew that it was meant to be, and we'd marry and live happily ever after, so breaking up that first time wasnt so bad for me, cos i sort of saw it as more of a putting on hold, i wasnt ready to commit at 15!!

so yeah, i sort of broke his heart, like really hurt him, and then about 9 months later realised what a dumb sh*t i'd been. and all the time he still loved me, was still my friend, even volunteered at the same charity shop as me at the same time just so we could spend some time together, and then sort of admitted to him that i knew we'd always be together in the end, and that yes, i did want to be with him. about a month later we got together, (i'd never asked anyone out before, we went to the cinema as friends, and were so shy, and talked at home afterwards lol) and then about a month and a half in i thought, yup, this is it, and told him, and havent looked back since

14 months now, we're going to uni together, and i get to marry him when we're out of uni, and can afford it!!!!!

so yeah (after that life story- sorry...) when it feels right, special, and when you are certain that there is no other person on this planet you would rather be with....

ReputationRep:
    Too early. Could explain why she laughed me out of Nandos :rofl:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.