Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Most times I'm watching the BBC news, the news correspondent etc seems to be attacking the Labour Government. I understand it's their job to ask questions, criticize, make government accountable, blah blah, but it has got a bit ridiculous. Especially Nick Robinson. He deserves special mention for lacking the ability to demonstrate at least some political impartiality. My dad believes that ever since the Greg Dyke affair, the BBC have become increasingly aggressive towards the government.

What do you reckon?

ReputationRep:
    Meh, lots of newspapers attack the bbc for not being critical enough of the government. Either way, they can't really win, people have their own idea of impartiality and no one broadcaster can conform to everybodys. Its just that, due to the licence fee, people feel free to criticize the bbc (and whatever political bias they feel it has) rather more than say itv or sky.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather they were too critical than too forgiving.

ReputationRep:
    The BBC is not impartial. If they were, they would just report the news, they wouldn't offer opinion and commentary.

I saw a clip of a news item with an interviewer actually berating a G20 protestor! That's not impartiality.

ReputationRep:
    The BBC don't lie.

source:

ReputationRep:
    Compared to Fox or CNBC, the BBC are as impartial as a judge.

ReputationRep:
    they really shouldn't be. bbc are basically property of labour

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.