Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you attract girls in parties? Watch

I'm slightly shy, and I often end up standing in the corner not doing much. How do you mingle with others at a party. I find that very hard to do, and I've tried asking girls out directly at parties, but I'm pretty nervous and uncomfortable and can't quite think of the right things to say.

ReputationRep:

Ask the DJ to play Hey Ya by Outkast.

If you're the guy on the dancefloor holding a polaroid camera, you are guaranteed to get laid. It's like musical chairs.

ReputationRep:
    I go 'Rawr' :whip:

They normally come.

If not, I show them my **** in a box. Always a winner.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afzH-38sJ1A

The End

ReputationRep:
    I dance like nobody's watching.

ReputationRep:
    I just give them a little peek at the goodies.

ReputationRep:
    There is no magic formula. Girls like confidence and if your standing in the corner it shows the exact opposite of that. Assumingly if your invited to parties you must have friends there, hang out with them, have a few drinks and a laugh. Acting in this little group will give you confidence as your not 'going solo' so to speak and there won't be any dead silence.

If you get chatting to some girls in the group then wahey. If not then it's not the end of the world, the movies aren't real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm slightly shy, and I often end up standing in the corner not doing much. How do you mingle with others at a party. I find that very hard to do, and I've tried asking girls out directly at parties, but I'm pretty nervous and uncomfortable and can't quite think of the right things to say.
    You can start by not doing this. Just go out and have fun. Don't think about pulling girls

ReputationRep:
    I stand in the corner wearing headphones, complaining about the music and refusing to dance.

I'll make sure I always have some cider throughout the entire night but I know it won't loosen me up, more likely it will make me stumble around on my designated spot out of sight, voicing my obscenities out loud.

Thus far, it's not really worked but I'm going to stick with it, it is a good formula.

ReputationRep:
    Carry a bottle of baileys. Everyone will want a sip, then your name, then a dance, theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen..

ReputationRep:
    tequila is always a winner ....

ReputationRep:
    just continue to be really negative, then you'll attract all the positive people, it's basic physics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfjr)

Ask the DJ to play Hey Ya by Outkast.

If you're the guy on the dancefloor holding a polaroid camera, you are guaranteed to get laid. It's like musical chairs.
    He is absolutley right...

Make sure you time it properly - I'd study that video as you want to atleast have a polaroid picture, so when it says Shake it. You shake that polaroid picture good, you shake it like you've never shoke before.

Gaurnteed Sheeby

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Star*)
    Carry a bottle of baileys. Everyone will want a sip, then your name, then a dance, theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen..

This is good advice. Everyone loves Baileys.

ReputationRep:
    Flash them then run away

ReputationRep:
    yeah... the good thing about parties is that you can actually talk to girls, rather than in a club bellowing WHHHATTSS YOUR NAME???? over the music in their ear, and having WHHHHHHHHATTTTTTTT screamed back in your ear.

so just hang out with friends, get a little drunk, speak to everyone, inevitably at some point youll meet a girl, talk to her, and if you pull you pull. if you dont, try again!

try and get involved in the party, rather than lookng awkward as you say in the corner.

ReputationRep:
    Break dance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiseman123)
    The Lonely Island FTW LMAO!

You could talk to them... talking is SO underrated these days...
    This, but the minute the conversation moves onto a topic like the weather, the conversation needs to end, you've gone too far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlosb)
    You can start by not doing this. Just go out and have fun. Don't think about pulling girls
    it's probably good not to be desperate.

ReputationRep:
    If you´re low on confidence, try huntin in a pack with an equally unlucky brother.
    then once you´ve pulled you have a fight wit your m8 for the girl

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.