Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinket)
    One of you will probably end up slipping up and telling someone. Personally I would do what you've already decided on and try to keep it a secret for as long as possible. This may not be the best advice lol but that's what I would do.
    Probably makes me a bad person, but I agree with this. In fact, I have done it in the past. They are none the wiser to this day (I did break up with the boyfriend!) :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I hate some of the useless things people say on this forum. Condemning her for sleeping with him isn't helpful and maybe your holier than thou approaches to life may fail once you've been in a situation like this yourself, sometimes it just happens and it doesn't make you a bad person, it's just a diabolically stupid mistake and it's part of being human, but judging isn't helpful.

It's up to you whether you tell your boyfriend or not, personally, as easy as it is for me to say, you should sacrifice your own feelings and perhaps your relationship and tell him. Unless you two have something really special going on, living in a relationship with a lie isn't good and he may not find out ever if you don't tell him, but he might and then that would hurt him more. Trust me, I've been hurt before by dishonesty in this way and I'd prefer just to be told straight off the bat. Could you live in a relationship where you felt guilty and as though you were lying to yourself?

Deep down, are you truly happy with him? It doesn't seem like you are really that satisfied with him. Do you have feelings for your friend? It seems likely you do, seeing as that has happened before.

ReputationRep:
    Your boyfriend will forgive you but, he may need some help, threesome with another woman could be the answer...as well as a life time supply of blow jobs.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I was expecting some blashphemy by the title....

ReputationRep:
    why are you even posting, i don't get it?

you know you ****** up.. you've decided not to tell him.. so what do you want?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.