Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have not applied for student loan yet, for a number of reasons.
    If I apply for it, on the 20th of August, how late would it take for them to process my application?

If they do not do it by the time uni starts and pay the uni tuition fee, would the uni not let me enroll until the student loan pays me?

Has any one been in this situation or knows about late application?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Not a clue what happens but I'm only going to post my application this afternoon!

ReputationRep:
    when i sent mie off about 6 weeks agothey said they were running at least 8 weeks behind schedual. If i was you put it in today don't wait till 20th August then although it will probably still be a little late it won't be horrendously so

ReputationRep:
    If you spoke to your uni they may let you pay it later, but I don't know how lenient they'd be. My loan didn't cover my tuition fees but they let me enroll as long as I payed it asap. If you get the letter about your entitlement before you enroll they may let you.

ReputationRep:
    You're cutting it a bit fine I think!
    I started sorting mine out in may I think and it took ages... a good 4/5 weeks before I even heard anything back from them.
    I wanted to get mine sorted so it was one less thing I had to worry about.
    Also, when they send you your entitlement you then have to send a letter of confirmation back to them...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I put my application in horrendously late every single year of my degree, and full marks to them I got all my money through about two weeks into the term, if not sooner!

If your tuition fees are going through student loans company then as long as you tell your uni what's going on and have some way of showing you've made the application (the confirmation letter they send you saying that they've recieved your details would be good) they rarely get worried about it because they know everyone who applies for tuition fee loans will get it. I can't see them refusing to enrol you, besides they can't exactly offer your place to somone else by that point.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.